INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok so I'm coming to the show tomorrow. ..love to meet everyone going but I've never been so please post if all are meeting up!

Next thing..I'm going to b bringing some chicks and some grown but do I need to "buy in" to b able to sell if I keep them in my vehicle?

2. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

That def looks like Cocci..get them on Corid right away really. ..once they act sick it's usually too late. I've lost plenty to know better.

3. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Pipd - Congratulations on your exam scores! Those are both really tough classes, too. What are you majoring in?

4. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

I am only going on my one experience with Coccidiosis. My birds presented with bloody droppings and I made a post over at the emergencies/diseases board about it, at which point I was assured it wasn't Coccidiosis because my birds were not lethargic. The next day, two of the chicks were lethargic and I treated with Corid. They came out if it without any problems using the dose I posted before. That has been my experience.

Of course, browncow should do what they think is best for their birds, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with treating now to be safe. I want to make that absolutely clear.

Thanks! I was floored by the 97--never in my wildest dreams did I think I scored anywhere near that on that test! :lol: I'm majoring in Biology and will hopefully add a second major (or maybe just a minor, it depends on a lot of things) in Agriculture next year. :)

5. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    amwchickin - Love your little mille fleur! She is so pretty!

I am really impressed with your cupcake prowess! My daughter is getting married next September and her future sister-in-law is making a cupcake cake for her, too. I hope hers is as nice as yours!

6. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Wow that is just not right. If something came up and they could not keep the puppies they should have tried to return them to you.

Prayers for you and your family.

I'll be at the show. Not too sure who all is going with me but I'm bribing DH with a breakfast buffet on the way up if he will drive. What he does not know is that I want him to drive so I can hold the puppies on the way home. And I plan to keep these puppies a long long time.

7. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Oh chhhhhhickens I would be SO mad. I hope you get it straightened out and those puppies find good homes.

Jchny2000~ im sorry you and your family have to deal with so much right now. Will be thinkin of you.

8. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    INDIANA POULTRY SHOW

I got us a table reserved claimed in the Outdoor Pavilion by the Commercial Building. Look for the sign. I think it will survive Indiana Winds.

They didn't have any space inside the Commercial Building, they said.

They are expecting 2100 entries. Chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, rabbits, etc.

[​IMG]

Sign says "Indiana BYC Here".
    [​IMG]

The red and white signs on the posts read "Sale Coops". Our table is back by the restrooms.
    [​IMG]

If you want to sell birds from your vehicle in the parking lot, there should be no problem.

There is no parking fee. I don't think there is any admission fee either.

It's a rather relaxed atmosphere.

The show is in the Commercial Building and the Rabbit Building.

[​IMG]

John

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    4 people like this.
  9. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    You can eat your breakfast buffet at the picnic table I claimed for BYCer's.

John

10. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    If you want to sell birds from your vehicle in the parking lot, there should be no problem.

Eyebrows might rise if you bring in a semi load of them.[​IMG]

John

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by