INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    toodlesmom - thanks!! I love baking.

And I'm proud to say that I didn't have to buy extra eggs. I used all of my fresh eggs, even the bantams!!

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I really wish I could have gotten time off work for the show tomorrow! Never been to one and would love to see everyone. Maybe I'm starting to feel ill and need to call off work tomorrow.....

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Old salt- thanks!! That'll be great for everyone to meet!!

Brad- I think you should call in sick!!!;)

Working on the DH to go to the show tomorrow!!! Just got him from The airport coming from Brazil today!! May take more than the promise of a breakfast buffet!!

4. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    congrats on the test. Bio was my major too!

5. J3nn

J3nn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2013
    Fountaintown, Indiana
    We've been reading about fermented feed, but I haven't tried it yet. Definitely something to think about for next time-I didn't realize it would help with the processing odor. My husband limits me to one new thing at a time, so getting through start to finish with the meaties is our current challenge!

6. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Awesome! Thanks for setting this up. See you there.

Brad - you definitely aren't looking well. I think you have come down with a bad case of the dreaded 'Chicken Math!!!!!' The only treatment is to be around as many chickens as possible at one time.

I've just started on FF. I'd say it has been hit and miss with my birds so far. The turkeys love it, the chickens are somewhat take it or leave it. I'm slowly reducing their other food sources, so we'll see how it goes.

7. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Thanks again to those who weighed in about my chickies today. I found some Corid at TSC in Lebanon to have on hand. Everyone is still acting fine and I haven't seen any more blood since this morning so I think I'll watch and wait for now.

I hope everyone has fun at the show tomorrow! I don't think I'll be able to talk DH out of all the work that needs to be done here to go :(

8. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Just saw this preview -- TONIGHT at 8:00 Central Time, 9:00 Eastern Time on the TV Show "Shark Tank" on ABC
    There are going to be two guys who will pitch a business idea, "Rent a Goat."
    http://sharktankblog.com/goat-rental/

It reminded me of a recent discussion on this thread. Here's the conversation that House Kat started:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Browncow- if you aren't that far from Lebanon, it doesn't take all day. I'd say 1-2 hr to see and even visit!! I think I've convinced my DH!! It is a 1.5 hr drive for us though, so it'll be an outing![​IMG]
    [​IMG]. Saw these on Pinterst! Thought you'd all enjoy!

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks(also thanks to M2H). Well their really is nothing we can do now. We tried to convince them just to give them puppies back, no harm no foul. But they won't. My mom did make me a good point that did make me feel a little better. She said if someone is going to pay $150 for one of those puppies they most likely will take good care of it.
    their feathers are so soft now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by