INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I really wish I could have gotten time off work for the show tomorrow! Never been to one and would love to see everyone. Maybe I'm starting to feel ill and need to call off work tomorrow.....

Old salt- thanks!! That'll be great for everyone to meet!!

Brad- I think you should call in sick!!!;)

Working on the DH to go to the show tomorrow!!! Just got him from The airport coming from Brazil today!! May take more than the promise of a breakfast buffet!!

I am only going on my one experience with Coccidiosis. My birds presented with bloody droppings and I made a post over at the emergencies/diseases board about it, at which point I was assured it wasn't Coccidiosis because my birds were not lethargic. The next day, two of the chicks were lethargic and I treated with Corid. They came out if it without any problems using the dose I posted before. That has been my experience.

Of course, browncow should do what they think is best for their birds, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with treating now to be safe. I want to make that absolutely clear.
Thanks! I was floored by the 97--never in my wildest dreams did I think I scored anywhere near that on that test!
lol.png
I'm majoring in Biology and will hopefully add a second major (or maybe just a minor, it depends on a lot of things) in Agriculture next year.
smile.png
congrats on the test. Bio was my major too!

If you get them on Fermented Feed, the smell is reduced drastically, and processing is not as horrible an odor either.
Makes a huge difference in the gain in body mass and they are healthier birds too!
We've been reading about fermented feed, but I haven't tried it yet. Definitely something to think about for next time-I didn't realize it would help with the processing odor. My husband limits me to one new thing at a time, so getting through start to finish with the meaties is our current challenge!

INDIANA POULTRY SHOW

I got us a table reserved claimed in the Outdoor Pavilion by the Commercial Building. Look for the sign. I think it will survive Indiana Winds.

They didn't have any space inside the Commercial Building, they said.

They are expecting 2100 entries. Chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, rabbits, etc.

Sign says "Indiana BYC Here".

The red and white signs on the posts read "Sale Coops". Our table is back by the restrooms.

If you want to sell birds from your vehicle in the parking lot, there should be no problem.

There is no parking fee. I don't think there is any admission fee either.

It's a rather relaxed atmosphere.

The show is in the Commercial Building and the Rabbit Building.

John
Awesome! Thanks for setting this up. See you there.

I really wish I could have gotten time off work for the show tomorrow! Never been to one and would love to see everyone. Maybe I'm starting to feel ill and need to call off work tomorrow.....
Brad - you definitely aren't looking well. I think you have come down with a bad case of the dreaded 'Chicken Math!!!!!' The only treatment is to be around as many chickens as possible at one time.

We've been reading about fermented feed, but I haven't tried it yet. Definitely something to think about for next time-I didn't realize it would help with the processing odor. My husband limits me to one new thing at a time, so getting through start to finish with the meaties is our current challenge!
I've just started on FF. I'd say it has been hit and miss with my birds so far. The turkeys love it, the chickens are somewhat take it or leave it. I'm slowly reducing their other food sources, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again to those who weighed in about my chickies today. I found some Corid at TSC in Lebanon to have on hand. Everyone is still acting fine and I haven't seen any more blood since this morning so I think I'll watch and wait for now.

I hope everyone has fun at the show tomorrow! I don't think I'll be able to talk DH out of all the work that needs to be done here to go :(

Browncow- if you aren't that far from Lebanon, it doesn't take all day. I'd say 1-2 hr to see and even visit!! I think I've convinced my DH!! It is a 1.5 hr drive for us though, so it'll be an outing!

. Saw these on Pinterst! Thought you'd all enjoy!

Oh thats just horrible! Rant all u need to
hugs.gif
II would be so worried for the puppies too!
As I have said before, our thread is ours. Talk about whatever you want as long as its "kid friendly"
I am so fed up with shipped eggs. There's a few good sellers local but I am working from local breeders from now on.
fl.gif

WOW he is a handsome roo!
Thanks(also thanks to M2H). Well their really is nothing we can do now. We tried to convince them just to give them puppies back, no harm no foul. But they won't. My mom did make me a good point that did make me feel a little better. She said if someone is going to pay $150 for one of those puppies they most likely will take good care of it.
lau.gif
aww, bet they are beautiful tho!
their feathers are so soft now!

Back
Top Bottom