INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

We went to the show. My DH was in weather shock and didn't wear a coat!! It was 80+ in Brazil when he left! Al the birds were gorgeous!! DH wants ducks now!! I want a couple turkeys and sabastapole geese!! Soooo many chickens to choose from. We did stop by the table but it was a bit late , and cold, and had everything to see. Did see Peabirdhaven and also a neighbor of mine that was showing. All of my LF seem so small now! And after seeing certain breeds up close it easy to see the difference between barnyard and show birds!!

Ok so now that the DH thinks the call ducks are fun.....who has them? And what do they need, different than chickens? And there were some beautiful turkeys there too!!!

thumbsup.gif
What do you do, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, besides chickening.
wink.png
I work in IT (of course). But the degree does come in handy around the farm!

We went to the show. My DH was in weather shock and didn't wear a coat!! It was 80+ in Brazil when he left! Al the birds were gorgeous!! DH wants ducks now!! I want a couple turkeys and sabastapole geese!! Soooo many chickens to choose from. We did stop by the table but it was a bit late , and cold, and had everything to see. Did see Peabirdhaven and also a neighbor of mine that was showing. All of my LF seem so small now! And after seeing certain breeds up close it easy to see the difference between barnyard and show birds!!

Ok so now that the DH thinks the call ducks are fun.....who has them? And what do they need, different than chickens? And there were some beautiful turkeys there too!!!
I got there around 9. Ran into SallyinIndiana and Old Salt. Enjoyed chatting with them and seeing all the poultry. Was by the table a few times, but it was way too cold and rainy to hang out there. I'm pretty sure that I saw some birds for sale that were from Little Americauna Mom. There were some really nice birds there. My first time seeing a LF La Flèche. I wish I could have figured out who was showing them. I would sign up to get some right away. I dithered about picking up a couple blue Orps, but in the end decided to save my money for something that fits better with my breeding plans.

Last edited:
Hope everybody enjoyed the show today! The five babies we brought in tonight... They aren't really yellow, my camera sucks. :rolleyes:
Awe so beautiful! Gotta love those babies! I have two pairs of silkies and only one laying at the moment. I think the other is laying in the woods...she use to lay in the English Ivy along the house but not for quite sometime. The one that is had made a nest in some tall zebra grass I have. Needless to say I am going to make a go at hatching some in the spring.
This is the pullet
One of the boys...he tends to prefer the sizzle tho..
So just to share...chicken math struck me today. ..along with being a proud new owner of a pea that my boy is just ecstatic over! (Me too) lol! I'll post pics once they're out of quarantine and happy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom