INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hello I am looking for a buff laced brahma rooster around a year old. Ours died a few weeks ago and the hens are getting lonely. If you have one please let me know. I live in ohio and will come pick him up. Thanks for your time Craig

Last edited:
My hens feathers arent growing back from roo damage. I am at a loss. Blueberry my big cochin is the only mature boy out there now with 22 hens. How is it they are possibly still sustaining damage or just not healing. Most feathrs are broken, so doens that mean They have to wait for molt to get them back?????

My girl that had feather damage last year didn't grow back until after molt. She was pretty much completely bare backed from June all the way through November when she molted and grew in a beautiful new set of feathers.

I don't think feathers just grow in whenever. I do believe that they only grow in when the hormone cycle tells them to molt and re-grow.

My girl that had feather damage last year didn't grow back until after molt. She was pretty much completely bare backed from June all the way through November when she molted and grew in a beautiful new set of feathers.

I don't think feathers just grow in whenever. I do believe that they only grow in when the hormone cycle tells them to molt and re-grow.

Good question I have some like that as well.

Hello I am looking for a buff laced brahma rooster around a year old. Ours died a few weeks ago and the hens are getting lonely. If you have one please let me know. I live in ohio and will come pick him up. Thanks for your time Craig

I have a buff brama rooster from a feed store. He hatched on 2/12/2014. In my opinion he is not worth a drive from Ohio. My zip is 46106. BUT I will be in Liberty, Indiana for our annual Indiana Chicken Fest on July 19th. If you wanted to meet there. It is much closer to the OH border.

After careful consideration I have decided to re-home a few chicks that I consider pet quality. Typically I don't sell chicks and wait for them to grow out before re-homing, but I need to thin out the flock a little. They will be super fluffy lawn pretties for someone. Sweet temperaments too. They have to go together as a trio. I am not going to the get together, but if some one is that is close to me, I can arrange to meet up and have them bring them to the party. They are young, and the littlest are going to be 5 weeks old next saturday and are still with momma, so they will need a heat source and extra cuddles. The older chick is 8 weeks so she should be okay without a lamp. I can maybe do two of each age so that they each have a friend if that is easier. The are too young to sex, but I am leaning towards pullet with the white and black and maybe a little boy with the blue, but those are just very premature guesses. I have chicks due to hatch on friday and I am running out of space for everyone. I'm asking $30 for the three,but if I need to add a fourth I will throw another in at no charge. These are the 3 I am re-homing. :)

Deadline for Ordering Official Indiana Tshirts: Wednesday, July 9 Noon ET

Please PM me with your order if you have not already. I've attached payment information.

I am paying for entire order and having it shipped to me. I will mail shirt orders as I receive payments. You may pay anytime between now and when I receive the complete order. I will let you know what date that will be. We are trying to have them mailed to members before Chickenfest if possible.

So I have a question for all my fellow Indiana chickeners....
big_smile.png
I bought the two chicks below at an auction when they were day old chicks. They are now about 7-8 weeks old. My question is : Does anyone know what these are?

This is Jezabell. She is mostly black with gold penciling, hardly any comb.

Next is Merida. She has very interesting feathers, they look almost lacey, and she has green eyes. and again hardly any comb. Very pretty and very sweet.

Here's a side view of Merida.

I also have a very interesting silkie I thought Brad might be able to help me with. What color would she be considered? Paint, Splash, or maybe a silver partridge?
This is Madison

It almost looks like she has silver lacing, like my silver laced wyandott.
Any help would be appreciated. You guys are always very helpful to this newbie!!
droolin.gif

After careful consideration I have decided to re-home a few chicks that I consider pet quality. Typically I don't sell chicks and wait for them to grow out before re-homing, but I need to thin out the flock a little. They will be super fluffy lawn pretties for someone. Sweet temperaments too. They have to go together as a trio. I am not going to the get together, but if some one is that is close to me, I can arrange to meet up and have them bring them to the party. They are young, and the littlest are going to be 5 weeks old next saturday and are still with momma, so they will need a heat source and extra cuddles. The older chick is 8 weeks so she should be okay without a lamp. I can maybe do two of each age so that they each have a friend if that is easier. The are too young to sex, but I am leaning towards pullet with the white and black and maybe a little boy with the blue, but those are just very premature guesses. I have chicks due to hatch on friday and I am running out of space for everyone. I'm asking $30 for the three,but if I need to add a fourth I will throw another in at no charge. These are the 3 I am re-homing. :)

So I have a question for all my fellow Indiana chickeners....
big_smile.png
I bought the two chicks below at an auction when they were day old chicks. They are now about 7-8 weeks old. My question is : Does anyone know what these are?

This is Jezabell. She is mostly black with gold penciling, hardly any comb.

Next is Merida. She has very interesting feathers, they look almost lacey, and she has green eyes. and again hardly any comb. Very pretty and very sweet.

Here's a side view of Merida.

I also have a very interesting silkie I thought Brad might be able to help me with. What color would she be considered? Paint, Splash, or maybe a silver partridge?
This is Madison

It almost looks like she has silver lacing, like my silver laced wyandott.
Any help would be appreciated. You guys are always very helpful to this newbie!!
droolin.gif
I can't hep you on the first two, but the silkie is a pet quality cockerel. He is very pretty though. Probably just a mixed color breeding that came out neat. He definitely has lacing in the wings, so he could be a cross. Maybe a silver laced cochin / silkie mix. You could get a silver based black silkie pullet and breed them. They may keep producing those colors.

Back
Top Bottom