INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

We set up a display at the school's annual "Trunk or Treat" .... chicken themed with a couple live hens of course.

3 (2).jpg

IMG_1505 (2).JPG

5.jpg

In addition to the chicken costumes, décor and clothing, I made newspaper cornstalks. Each kid got a few chicken jokes before receiving candy. A few poultry related 4-H posters, trophies, signs and t-shirts were displayed. My fav was the nestboxes. The friends who know us well were able to name the chickens I drew in the nests. LOL DS set up his Chromebook and we had "Techno Chicken" playing on a loop. We were very popular and ran out of candy before the end. As a consolation, I let those kids pet and feed a chicken.

Sadly it drizzled and then rained so some of the decorations had to get put away early. Otherwise a great night.

Anyone else getting this crazy snow? We're at 2 inches and it's still coming down, wet and sticky snow that's clinging to the trees. It almost sounds like a light thunderstorm in the woods because of snow weighing down branches until every now and then they CRACK snap off suddenly! :th

View attachment 3294933
:eek:
you got actual snow?! Here it started as snowflakes, but turned into rain

Today it was announced that our family won 2nd place for our chicken-themed Trunk or Treat. And, guess what the prize was???
A 'Raising Canes' gift basket. We found it very amusing to win gift cards to a CHICKEN restaurant for a chicken-lovers display.
:lau :lau :lau

It's OK. We will enjoy the meal. The kids are fine with eating chicken as long as it's no one they know.

@pipdzipdnreadytogo
some jokes to make you groan:

What do chickens tell scary stories about? The Poultrygeist.

What do chickens grow on? Eggplants.

Why did everyone laugh at the chicken? She was a real comedihen.

Why did the chickens try and escape? They felt cooped up.

What do you call a bird that’s afraid to fly? Chicken.

What do you call it when a hen takes a rooster’s place in the morning? Alarm clucks.

What do you get if you cross an elephant and a chicken? A peckyderm.

Why don’t chickens like people? They beat eggs.

Which US state has the most chickens? Yolklahoma.

Which US state do chickens avoid? Kentucky.
(My fav one. Sometimes it takes a kid a couple seconds to get it.)

Since it's Monday, here are some more bad jokes to keep you going.

What do chickens fear the most? The Apeckalypse.

Why did the young rooster act like his dad?Like feather, like son.

Why do people pinch their nose when walking past the chicken coop? Because of the fowl odor.

How do you get a chicken to read your blog? Cluckbait.

Why couldn’t the chicken find her eggs? Because she mislaid them.

What do you get when you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A brick layer

What day of the week are chickens afraid of? Fry-day!

What do you call a great chicken? Impeckable

Why didn’t the chicken go to KFC? It wasn’t on her bucket list.

What day of the week are chickens afraid of? Fry-day!

Back
Top Bottom