Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    X2, Its just the waiting game now. At least you are starting to bond with the girls this way, great news!
  2. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Anyone have experience with building a pond? My water fowl collection keeps growing and I think the swimming pools are not going to cut it for much longer. Plus it would be a good watering hole for my other animals. Thinking a small one like 40'x20'. Have access to the land moving equipment. Just need to figure out how to get and retain the water.
    Any help is MUCH appreciated.

oh and of course I want it done tomorrow and not cost an arm & a leg. ;-)
  3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    M2H- sounds like you are taking more than excellent care of her!! I'm sure she'll get better!!
  4. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    That is what I need to do also. Right now I have a large water tank, but the geese won't go up the ramp.

anyone needing some muscovys !!! I have some for sale !!
  5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    My Coop

You're tellin' me... :lol: Actually, the day I moved them out to the coop, my mom asked me what my excuse would be for bringing them in for the night.

They've survived their first two nights in the coop now, though not without complaint. Unhappy faces:

They are two months old now, hard to believe. The Easter-egger boy is showing more interest in the pullets than they have for him, and he has a tendency to beat up on them when they don't cooperate, so he is separate now. :/ The little Cochin boy is such a sweetie, though, so I have hope for him at least. And, of course, Rangi is still shoulder hopping when I'm out there. I've missed her waking me up in the morning, though.

Rangi and the little man, Po:

Po baby:

My two pretty girls, Ihi (in the back) and Marama:

And the meanie, Hika Ma, while he was out getting lessons in manners from the big girls:

6. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Any favorelles?
  7. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    They are all growing up really nice. Where did you find such a mix? Now that ours are out of the house, I find myself outside checking on them all the time.
  8. Peeps4me

Peeps4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I am so far behind on reading as the last few months have been devoted to my Dad as he was ill and passed away last month. Now I need to get active again on this site. I was so glad to read that your goats eat locust. I got my first two baby goats in March and have been a nervous wreck worrying that they will get some of the leaves or bark of the locust trees. I read somewhere that they were toxic and lethal to goats. I must have a hundred of them and they pop up everywhere - what a nasty tree. I am going to try and get rid of some this fall and winter. I let the little ones follow me around and graze and on occasion they would make a bee line to one of those trees and start gobbling the leaves. Must taste like candy! If anyone would see me running like a mad women, snapping leashes on their collars and dragging them away they would fall over laughing. Now I can relax a bit.
  9. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    A lot of the local churches have put in ponds as they grow. you might call them. I'm sure they got good deal or did it themselves. I know our church had to put a draining pond in.
    The easy way to keep it filled is to put it in the lowest spot you can find. Then there are some fancy places that sell pond liners and you can set up a small pond complete with a pond pump and fountain.

If anyone is looking for a hatchery rooster I have barred rock, buff orps, Jersey blacks, and Rhode Island Reds. They are about 15 or 16 weeks old right now. For people on here I'm asking $5 each. And that is just to recoup some of the feed costs. I don't care if they become pets or BBQ.
  10. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Update on my duckling with the sideways legs: I had to use yarn to keep the legs together but today when I went to change the yarn it could waddle on its own correctly. So no more yarn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by