INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

peeps4me~ Good to have you back! Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
pipd~ You really HAVE to make a book or iMovie or something that showcases your incredible photos of your distinctive birds. It’s amazing how you capture their expressions!! You have an obvious connection and talent in photographing your chickens.
Apprehension:

jchny~ Is your Lavender still in a nest box? Is she sitting on her own eggs?
Miller Birds~ Did you find out about your sleepy BO odd behavior? Cute kitty! (I love cats) My three cats keep their distance from the chickens-- and even my pullets. All it took was being pecked in the nose-- plus the chickens will gang up and run a cat off.
itsjustme~ Loved the story about your daughter bringing Sir Half Bob Speckled Flakes along on your camping trip! That will be a treasured family story.

Quinstar~ He is a very handsome roo! ...Hope Alfie is okay.

Darth Layer~ Your op art rooster is very handsome as well. You might keep him away from Quinstar since she has a hankering for roos. haha

danand~ You are lucky to have a mother hen and babies! I would love to watch them interact. It would be the best show on “Chicken TV.”

Last edited:
Update on my duckling with the sideways legs: I had to use yarn to keep the legs together but today when I went to change the yarn it could waddle on its own correctly. So no more yarn.
yesss.gif
Thats great news! Congrats!

Quote: I am so sorry about your Dad
hugs.gif

So I took more baby Millie pics today. Sleeping in the sun!!

We got back from dinner later than planned so I had to lock up everybody in the dark. But I wanted to make sure the baby Millie's were all in, I shine the light in their barrel and they are under their mama and their papa too!! Pretty funny to see babies peek out from under a roo!!
wink.png
love.gif
thats just precious, what a good daddy!

I have some chicks hatched! I am not really sure how many because they keep running around lol.
jumpy.gif
Aww thats so sweet, congrats! Try to get pics, I love to see them with their momma!

M2H Said: jchny~ Is your Lavender still in a nest box? Is she sitting on her own eggs?
She hopped out, but they are finally laying. We are working on expansions this week
th.gif
More fences.. ugh!

Thank you for kind words of encouragement about my invalid pullet Violet. I think she’s doing as well as possible; it’s just going to take time.

I re-read recent posts since I’ve been preoccupied with chicken health issues. I knew my luck would run out at some point! We’re still doing spa pedicure treatments on my BR hen’s scaly leg mites and are also going through the lengthy procedures to eradicate the mites. It’s not nearly as bad as having an invalid chicken, though.
vickichicki~ I’m going to be in Indy on Wednesday and hoped to stop by your produce stand, but it looks like it’s going to be a quick trip up and back-- taking care of my Lavender’s leg is a lot of work with frequent bedding changes, laundry, cleaning, feeding, meds, giving her some outdoor time-- generally monitoring her to make sure she is not in an awkward position or laying in poop. It’s like working in a nursing home. DH and my kids will be at work, so I hate to be gone too long. Anyway, hope you’ll be at
racinchickins’s Chicken Event of the Year.
Birds with Leg Injuries Support Group
Old Salt~ How is Jimmy the pheasant getting along? And Eloise the JG with the broken leg? Does she walk with the splint or just rest? CCCCHICKENS~ How in SF doing? Sally in Indiana~ How’s your hen with the injured leg? Can she walk? Good job correcting your duckling’s legs!
jsummers~ So sorry to hear about your mysterious chicken deaths. Hope you can find out the cause.
HouseKat~ Did you decide to construct a gazebo coop? It would make a lovely summer home for your chicks. : - )
Thanks for posting the link to the youtube video “The Hazards of Backyard Chickens.” It is so funny and so true!
kabhyper~ What fluffy girls! Booker won’t be able to tell them apart, but I guess he won’t care!

Also, great picture of your very attractive SLWs!

strssedmom~ Congrats on the first egg!
BackyardBitten~ Congrats on Big Red’s first egg!
bradselig~ Congrats on your new hatches!

amchicken~ What a cute picture of your bantams!

EmSteele~ That’s a great experience for James to show his rabbit and converse with the judge-- and to have a supportive mom. : - )
Spike thanks you. The humans, however, are starting to get a bit worn out from his aggression. Especially my sister, sine her head was on his menu. Luckily, I had a squirt gun handy.

I have some chicks hatched! I am not really sure how many because they keep running around lol.

Counter to the old saying "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched", you must because after hatching, they won't hold still long enough.

Do what I (think about) doing. Take a photo and count them in the picture.

John

Last edited:
Going to tipton for a work picnic I thought it was just my dads store nope it everyone that works at a Kroger store in Indiana :) excited will be taking bunches of pictures and will upload later hope that have a mini zoo with chickens lol :)

Well I've screwed up! I thought I had my mixed Bantys locked up better since losing one last week!!!! Well nope!! Sneaky little buggers knocked off 2 more last night!! So this evening after it cools down .......better measures kick in!!! Doing thorough lockdown. Adding more lumber and screening!!

We got Ironman home at 12:09 am this morning! James was worn out but glad to have his buddy back! We also talked to some people about showing his bantams next year...from the excitement in his voice, I'd say 4-H is his thing!
In ab unrelated not, kind of..we are also discussing homeschooling very seriously. Our school system is a medicate or get out type of place (James has ADHD that is treated naturally) Does anyone have any experience with a good Christian based homeschool?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom