INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    peeps4me~ Good to have you back! Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
    pipd~ You really HAVE to make a book or iMovie or something that showcases your incredible photos of your distinctive birds. It’s amazing how you capture their expressions!! You have an obvious connection and talent in photographing your chickens.
    Apprehension: [​IMG]

jchny~ Is your Lavender still in a nest box? Is she sitting on her own eggs?
    Miller Birds~ Did you find out about your sleepy BO odd behavior? Cute kitty! (I love cats) My three cats keep their distance from the chickens-- and even my pullets. All it took was being pecked in the nose-- plus the chickens will gang up and run a cat off.
    itsjustme~ Loved the story about your daughter bringing Sir Half Bob Speckled Flakes along on your camping trip! That will be a treasured family story.

Quinstar~ He is a very handsome roo! ...Hope Alfie is okay.

[​IMG]
    Darth Layer~ Your op art rooster is very handsome as well. You might keep him away from Quinstar since she has a hankering for roos. haha

[​IMG]
    danand~ You are lucky to have a mother hen and babies! I would love to watch them interact. It would be the best show on “Chicken TV.”

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have some chicks hatched! I am not really sure how many because they keep running around lol.

3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] Thats great news! Congrats!

4. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] thats just precious, what a good daddy!

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    ...[​IMG] Aww thats so sweet, congrats! Try to get pics, I love to see them with their momma!

M2H Said: jchny~ Is your Lavender still in a nest box? Is she sitting on her own eggs?
    She hopped out, but they are finally laying. We are working on expansions this week [​IMG]More fences.. ugh!

6. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Spike thanks you. The humans, however, are starting to get a bit worn out from his aggression. Especially my sister, sine her head was on his menu. Luckily, I had a squirt gun handy.

7. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Counter to the old saying "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched", you must because after hatching, they won't hold still long enough.

Do what I (think about) doing. Take a photo and count them in the picture.

John

8. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    Going to tipton for a work picnic I thought it was just my dads store nope it everyone that works at a Kroger store in Indiana :) excited will be taking bunches of pictures and will upload later hope that have a mini zoo with chickens lol :)

1 person likes this.
  9. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Well I've screwed up! I thought I had my mixed Bantys locked up better since losing one last week!!!! Well nope!! Sneaky little buggers knocked off 2 more last night!! So this evening after it cools down .......better measures kick in!!! Doing thorough lockdown. Adding more lumber and screening!!

10. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    We got Ironman home at 12:09 am this morning! James was worn out but glad to have his buddy back! We also talked to some people about showing his bantams next year...from the excitement in his voice, I'd say 4-H is his thing!
    In ab unrelated not, kind of..we are also discussing homeschooling very seriously. Our school system is a medicate or get out type of place (James has ADHD that is treated naturally) Does anyone have any experience with a good Christian based homeschool?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by