INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    They usually only ask you questions if you are doing showmanship

2. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Quinstar- so glad Alfie is home and better!! We are the same with our 2 jack russels.

3. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Old salt- would love to see a new picture of weed wacker Jimmie? Does he look any better yet? Is he eating? I asked my neighbor about hers, she is down to an older red and no females. I still have 1 more guy to check with. He goes and sells at a swap on Wed at Brookvile. How much would you want to pay? He found 2 Millie girls for me a few weeks ago for $6 ea!

4. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Old salt- would love to see a new picture of weed wacker Jimmie? Does he look any better yet? Is he eating? I asked my neighbor about hers, she is down to an older red and no females. I still have 1 more guy to check with. He goes and sells at a swap on Wed at Brookvile. How much would you want to pay? He found 2 Millie girls for me a few weeks ago for $6 ea!

5. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Sorry about the triple post!! Don't know how it did that!!

6. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    hey danand~ my DH said today " i cant wait to get babies out of those two" pointing at the millies! once she starts laying, i'll try. i just put my young orp roo with my big girls, in a couple weeks i'll try a hatch maybe.

7. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Quote: My girls are at just over 19 weeks. One of my phoenix pullets started laying July 5th at 18 weeks. Since then, the other phoenix and the egyptian fayoumi have started also. Still waiting on the leghorns, polish, and brahmas. So without knowing your breeds, I would guess you have another 4-5 weeks before you could get anything, and then it depends on what you have. I've heard of some pullets going almost a full year before they start.

8. HouseKat

HouseKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
  9. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    gonebad~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread!
    Quinstar~ Such good news about Alfie! We've all been thinking about you and wondering how things were going. He looks like a sweet baby. : - )
    Crafychick~ Cute photo of the little ones fishing! Where did you go in Minnesota? I have a brother in Rochester and a sister who lived in St. Paul for years. We've been to the Boundary Waters area a few times. It's a wonderful state.
    Old Salt~ Your photos are so beautiful! What a scenic place and lovely creatures~ even Jimmy. Which chicken took the "birds-eye view" shots? Btw, your faithful dog who just recovered from injuries deserves her own pool. : - )

10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    That is an awesome coop! I'm going to show my dad that when he gets home from work. He's gonna get a kick out of that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by