INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Okay, so my original 4 girls are 23 and 26 weeks old. I believe my three sl/wyandottes are laying, but they are very small eggs, like the size my silkie lays (when she lays, we have had her for almost 2 months and she layed three eggs the first week and then nothing. But that is another question all together) Anyway they are small eggs. I am not getting them everyday yet either. I have 6 laying hens and I get maybe 2 or 3 eggs a day. I have 3 newer younger girls that don't lay. My large cochin hasnt layed yet as far as I know and she is 23 weeks.. Do any of you have experience with this or have had these breeds where you could explain the dynamics to me? I believe Godiva layed today and my EE Peaches. I went out at 3ish and there were two big eggs in the boxes. My younger girls do not lay eggs that big. Like I can barely close the carton big.
You have nothing to be worried about as far as I am concerned. New layers eggs typically start out small and get bigger with time. the same with not laying regulary (not sur ehow to spell that). they are still trying to get things down and their systems going. And they are still young. The EE in my avatar didnt start laying until she was 11 months old (not common for them to wait that long she just started laying when she was good and ready and I was fine with that). I have 3 6 month old cochins that havent started laying yet. 1 5 month old leghorn not laying, 2 5-6 month old orloffs not laying, 1 5-6 month old favorelle not laying, 7 month old ameraucana not laying, 7 month old araucana not laying (not all age are dead on). Just some examples.

Here is a bad pic of my legbar hen.
20130817_171918_zps1f7a0ecc.jpg

And my rhodebar
20130817_171638_zps01b65db7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom