INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I am gonna vote broody....
0.jpg

I don't know but does this sound like egg bound or some thing else?

For a few days now, my hen has been a little tired looking and lethargic. Well I check her abdomen area and it's a little hard and swollen and that made me wonder if she is egg bound, so I decided to ask you guys.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I don't know but does this sound like egg bound or some thing else?

For a few days now, my hen has been a little tired looking and lethargic. Well I check her abdomen area and it's a little hard and swollen and that made me wonder if she is egg bound, so I decided to ask you guys.
Thanks in advance.
It might be, have you tried a bath and massage. If there is a larger than normal egg stuck, it will take lots of relaxing to get it out.

Last edited:
good idea john thanks

On the shoe covers... Several studies have shown the show covers are not effective and can even worsen contamination. You are better off with dedicated shoes and a 10% bleach foot bath. For visitors a stack of rubber clogs or crocks are perfect. Now to be really technical even the bleach isn't perfect as a 15 minute contact time is required.

Last edited:
I brought my first chicks home this April and now have 3 girls who are around 5 months old. One of them, I think the Andalusian has laid 2 eggs. The first was on Sept 7 and the second was Sept 16. Is that pretty normal for when they first start laying? She laid both in the same spot and I have searches for hidden ones. Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom