INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I'm trying to rehome a mixed Easter Egger rooster. He is aggressive to my HRIR and I can't have that. He is sweet to people though.
If anyone is interested please PM me and ignore the rehoming fee on CL.

What is the best way to clean a styro bater? I had just been wiping down and air drying but I did not know if there was a better way.

Last edited:
For everyone remembering me wanting the Cochins, thanking you. Danand pm'd me with the link. Going to call them today. We head to Spencer once a week so maybe this can work out.

Excited
wee.gif

Umm... are you excited about getting the Cochins?
woot.gif

The cat is nice to us but we give it a 1/4 cup of cat food a day and AC on really hot days. I think it is average size for a cat, much smaller than the one I saw at Thunder's house. It might have been half the size of that fluffy cat.
You saying Max is fat?
lau.gif
He was a stray until my son decided he couldn't survive without us. My wife had him declawed because he was tearing up furniture so we don't let him out any more. He couldn't defend himself. He did escape for about a month in June. I figured he went off to die but the neighbor across the street called him in (he has a chip) and he was trapped under their back porch all that time. He lost a lot of weight then but has gained every bit of it back, lol. Should have named him Garfield.

absolutely. If it is small enough for them to deal with, they will kill it. My parents cat has a 'ring of death' around their house. Mice, rats, snakes, rabbits, birds (up to the size of a small wild duck), large insects, you name it... she brings the bodies to my mother to show off.
My cat Punk is the same way (let me tell you about the half eaten bird on the bathroom floor the other day!!!). But never bothers the chickens....of course they live to terrorize him....

I just want everyone to know how much I love my girls. Last night I built a sad looking perch out of old 2x4's and while putting in countersinks burned the crap out of my left thumb and forfinger on the drill bit. Don't ask! It hurt like a son but today it's numb....until the blister on my thumb just popped!!! But the girls love their new hang out so I am pleased!

Just talked to my mom and she thinks that one of them layed today!!!!! she didn't think to look in the coop but she said there was much commotion. So wish me luck! I am on my way home to see!!

Almost forgot....in last months backyard poultry magazine page 38 or 39 has a coupon for nutrena feather fix for anyone interested.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Things are good for us; just busy homeschooling and living life. :)
Anyways, I have a beautiful Blue Ameraucana Rooster who is looking for a new home. He is great with us, but a little too aggressive to our other bantam roosters.
Was wanting to breed him with my Blue Ameraucana hens, but unfortunately not. Selling him for $20. Will post pictures in a bit.
Please text if interested 765.532.2706

Thank you

I would like to see a picture. :)

Almost forgot....in last months backyard poultry magazine page 38 or 39 has a coupon for nutrena feather fix for anyone interested.
nutrena has the coupon on their website too.... I bought a bag last week. The birds seem to like it. Can't tell if it's helping with mites or feathers - too soon to tell. My Brahma roo is the only one that keeps picking up mites. Maybe it's his feathered feet.... Hopefully this will help him out. That would be awesome.

What does everyone do when they hatch a chick who's intestines are still sticking out of its belly when it hatches? I had a blrw chick pip on the wrong end. I watched it for the last 36 hours and it never pipped. I took it out and started to help it. All the blood was receded and I sprayed it with warm water (keep a spray bottle in cabinet bator so water is same temp as the air) due to it being stuck to the membrane where I broke shell away. I'm assuming that since it pipped on the wrong end it wasn't able to turn to zip. After I broke off the cap and it finally popped out about 10 mins later. It had a prolapse out of its belly button and it wasn't yolk.

I tried to apply a "bandaid" with gauze and vet wrap but it wouldn't stay since I didn't want to cover up the vent. The last one I had do this the other chicks started to peck it so I culled the chick. I'm thinking I will be culling this chick too, but curious if others have had luck with it fixing itself.

I am so mad at poultry press it is not even funny. My mom thought that she would buy me a years subscription for my birthday. My B-day is in late april and she ordered in the first few days of may. They said it would be 4-6 weeks before I got. So waited very patiently, I even waited 2 extra weeks. Then I had my mom call them, since she used her info when she ordered it for me. A guy anwsered andd said that he would have his daughter call us back around 1pm. They never called us. Since then she had called poulrty press 4 different times. 2 times the exact same thing happend, we will call you back and it never happens. The last 2 times they do not even anwser the phone. My mom think that she should just ask for her money back and give it to me, but I really want the paper. you would think that since it is connersville it would not take long to get here considering I am in the same state! Here I am 5 months later still without a paper!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom