INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I need some opinions! At first I was thinking of over laping boards for siding, but then I went ahead and tried one wall with the boards laid side by side. This left a ton of gaps so then I went back and started to do a overlapping board and I think it's 100 times better. What do y'all think?
This is the partially done wall with over lap and behind that is the side by side wall. (Partially done because I ran out of nails lol)!!
Opinions please!!!!

Here is a pic of the inside if anyone is interested.
over lapping is the way to go. I did the over lapping on mine. No air gaps. Don't know if you seen my pic i posted earlier butt here is another. Just make sure the boards are level and keep same spacing. I used a scrap piece of pallet and did a over lap of 1 1/2 inches.
6atugydy.jpg

sent from your friendly neighborhood poultry raiser! cluck... cluck...

over lapping is the way to go. I did the over lapping on mine. No air gaps. Don't know if you seen my pic i posted earlier butt here is another. Just make sure the boards are level and keep same spacing. I used a scrap piece of pallet and did a over lap of 1 1/2 inches.
6atugydy.jpg

Very nice looking and great job on it. I did not see it earlier, Thanks for sharing. I wont make it too even (just like the rougher look).

I just posted this pic but i just realized all the birds that are in this pic are males. Lol all the females must be hiding from them.
vu3a9yja.jpg

From what I've read, having a mixed flock of ages, I should stay on starter feed for everyone right? I just integrated my babies with my 6 month old pullets.and everyone gets along great. Still no news on my pullet who cant walk, anyone heard of articular gout? I'm thinking she may have this, the vet has been on vacation, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have more answers.
All flock raiser is probably the best for a flock of mixed ages. Stater would be my second option

We may be even closer neighbors if I get my way - going back to look at that house down the road on Saturday.
Yay!

I was hoping that was you!

You really should move there...we can take turns babysitting each others' chickens when it's time for vacation.

welcome-byc.gif
. You have found the friendliest board on the site!

Last years pics when I started coop was an old shed I tinned and I put 2 ramps on layer boxes. I was all about the cheap. Only thing I had money in was screws.

My kindergartner did a project in school hatching chicken eggs. They are hatched 13 chicks and guess what he gets to bring them home. Super excited not only we hatch eggs at home my son got to do it at school. His teacher called said he did a awesome job and knows so much about hatching. So now we get to add 13 more babies to like the 30 we have to already. Good thing we have big brooder. Lol in 2 more weeks we should have around 30 more chicks that's in the incubator developing.

always can use more chicks...
jumpy.gif

That I don't know! This is in my backyard, which is where my chickens free range. They never even look at it. Last year, they spent a lot of time sunbathing next to it...
I have some down my drive and was wanting to move it into the yard, my flock free range too, am going to try it we shall see.
fl.gif
think I will look it up.

I give mine all purina flock raiser from day one, and then give the hens free choice oyster shell. The flock raiser is more reasonably priced and seems to be a good feed, They free range though so they get greens and protein in the summer that way.
from day 1 as in age 1 day?

I need some opinions! At first I was thinking of over laping boards for siding, but then I went ahead and tried one wall with the boards laid side by side. This left a ton of gaps so then I went back and started to do a overlapping board and I think it's 100 times better. What do y'all think?
This is the partially done wall with over lap and behind that is the side by side wall. (Partially done because I ran out of nails lol)!!
Opinions please!!!!

Here is a pic of the inside if anyone is interested.
I like the overlapping as well. Great job BTW

All flock raiser is probably the best for a flock of mixed ages. Stater would be my second option
mine have been on starter grower, how do you think I should switch them over? little at a time, mixed in with the starter maybe?

Back
Top Bottom