INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Probably a bad idea of moving birds outside yesterday. The 3 of the bantam Cochins were sitting outside soaking wet! The haven't grasped the concept of the coop providing warmth and dryness! Need to go back out to make sure they didn't go back outside. If they have I'll be bringing them back inside.

75 quail eggs and a handful of Bantam eggs Going in the incubator today.. Thank you Jchny2000 for the quail eggs I cant wait for the hatch.
pop.gif
.. I will have hatching the weekend of good Friday that is awesome.. Happy, Happy, Happy!!!!!

atrueb00 ~ I'm so happy to have a fellow member who quotes their books! I'm always relaying info from Chicken Health For Dummies - Backyard Chickens
Aren't the Dummies books amazing? I haven't bought any other chicken books, but may consider the Chicken Health & Chicken Coop Building in the future. They are on my Amazon wishlist, just waiting for my DH to surprise me one day! LOL

Are there any other good reference books you'd recommend?

Yes, HappyHappyHappy, just glad that we seem to have finally made it to the other side of this ridiculous cold this winter -- I grew up in the mountains of the NW, and this winter was more cold and miserable than any I remember living through back "home". We pulled the horses up off the pasture just in time for the floods to hit yesterday - hopefully we get some nice sunny days soon to take our mud bog to the lush green summer pasture the horses expect (they are busy pouting from the small paddock at the barn) - they'll have company this weekend as we will be out there working on (and hopefully finishing) the interior on the coop so we can move the chicks out of the bathroom. I love those little birds, think I'll even miss seeing them first thing in the morning and having them keep me company while I am getting ready for work, but the dust is getting ridiculous and they're big enough now that even with twice daily housekeeping services to the brooder they manage to stink the place up - upside of their mess is it is motivating my husband to want to get everything finished this weekend, lol.

Hi all! What's new with everyone? I haven't been on here for long long time. I am very happy that the snow is gone
ya.gif
. I will have to post pics of my ducks Beetlejuice and Lydia. They are both Pekings and very big fat ducks. I also still have my Ringneck doves for sale. Here are the colors 7 Blonds, 1 White, 2 Wilds and 5 Bull-eyed whites. $15-$20 each or $280 for all. No trades and pick-up only.

Last edited:
Hi I am new to this and have bought 60 Cornish X for meat purposes. I was wondering if anyone lives near me that has a Chicken plucker that I could borrow or rent for a weekend in the coming months to clean my chickens? I live right at the state line of Michigan and Indiana in Niles. It's right by Notre Dame in South Bend if you are not familair with the area. Thanks for the time. Also attached is a picture of the little chicks

Those are really nice looking chicks! I was just at the Niles RK a couple of weeks ago and they were all out, been calling TSC as they are supposed to get more in stock but haven't yet. Have you heard of other places around South Bend selling Cornish X?

Those are really nice looking chicks! I was just at the Niles RK a couple of weeks ago and they were all out, been calling TSC as they are supposed to get more in stock but haven't yet. Have you heard of other places around South Bend selling Cornish X?

I actually bought these 60 at the rural king in niles on Monday. I live maybe a 5 minute drive from the store they had plenty when I was there but if you know what day you are wanting to head there I can drive out there and see if they still have some so you don't waste a trip. Just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom