Indiana traders here

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by horsechick, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Quote:Wow! Could have saved you another trip. $6 each = pullets hatched Sept 15th, would even give you some misfit red Araucana bantam roosters for free. Buy enough and I may throw in a tufted bantam hen. But she lays small blue eggs though; would throw pictures off with the size difference and color! I have 1 Ameraucana hen just started laying green eggs $12 hatched May 20th. Maybe grandma could have an extra birthday party! LOL
    Does this make coop 4?

2. AWChickens

AWChickens Songster

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Still at coop 3 [​IMG] - but this last one is a lot bigger than I meant it to be, since I used recycled materials and didn't buy to size- and even with the ones I got from you last time, I still have room for another 4-5 in it. I won't make it up your way until Xmas (I think we're in Pendleton the Monday before Xmas), but if I don't find any locally before then I will email you ahead of time.

Your other girls are doing great, although that ridiculous rooster I took thinks he's a dog and would rather hang out at the house hoping for treats then stay down at the barn with the other chickens! My nephew named the silly thing Junior, and carries him around all over the place.

3. Old Rando

Old Rando Songster

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have three white silkies cockerals I would like to find a new home for. These are hatchery chicks hatched March 2008.

I would also like to find a non-white silkie hen or pullet any time or possibly silkie eggs in March or April from a non-white or multi-colored silkie breeding.

I am also looking for an easter egger hen or hens with muff/beard. Bantam sized preferred but not necessary. This is for a cross breeding project.

I am located in Southern Indiana about 55 miles NW of Louisville KY and a similar distance S. of Bloomington IN.

Old Rando

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Do you have pictures of the silkies? Friend is looking for some good white ones.

5. seedcorn

seedcorn Songster

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    there is no such thing as a "good" silkie.....don't you read posts they are "evil".

Hope they want a breed that lays 2 eggs and then goes broody. [​IMG]

6. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Songster

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Welcome to BYC Old Rando!!

[​IMG]

7. Old Rando

Old Rando Songster

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    To Attack Chicken

Sorry I can't post pics. As I stated these are hatchery chicks not show quality. They are beautiful fluffy birds though. Three are bearded and one isn't. I believe they are larger than the breed standard would call for. I just would like to keep one. Four big fluff balls running around in my fenced yard are beautiful on a sunny day but if I can locate a hen or two to go with them I'm afraid I might have too much trouble with them. When my other bantam hens squeeze under the fence the silkie roos hormones get the best of them.

To Flowerpot, Thank You.

Old Rando

8. Fraudulent Farmgirl

Fraudulent Farmgirl Hatching

Jan 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm interested in 3 Australorp pullets at point of lay, but I have to get the coop built first. In anyone thinks they'll have some early this spring, let me know!

9. AWChickens

AWChickens Songster

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I posted this in sales also, but I really want to find some one within reasonable driving distance. Don't know HOW this happened, but the Standard Cochin eggs I hatched a few months ago have turned out to be ALL pullets [​IMG] That never happens when I want it to! Anyway, now I need a boy for the girls- prefer blue or black but open to anything besides buff. Anyone near Indiana with standards?

edited: Ooops! I meant to say cochins!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. horsechick

horsechick Songster

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Standard whats? I couldn't find.
    Take care,
    Angela

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: