Indiana traders here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard whats? I couldn't find.

Sorry
idunno.gif
breed would help right? I need a standard Cochin Roo. horsechick, I know you have cochins- any extra roos? My girls are just babies, so not in a big hurry.​

I wanted to see if anyone in Indiana had some show quality barred rocks and rhode islands reds for sale this springs. I would love to get adults, but would buy chicks or eggs. My husband doesn't do much with the animals but he said he would love some barred rocks. I would really like to find some. Maybe that way he will get more into the animals. I just hate to get some from a hatchery. Thanks

I got my 3 Australorps, 3 Barred Rocks and 3 NH Reds from mail-order hatchery and they are beautiful. All arrived alive and are thriving and giving plentiful eggs. BTW - how are you handling the cold, with chickens I mean? We have 14 hens in 8x10 semi-insulated coop. No heat except red heat lamp and regular lightbulb. Both stayed on last night. We don't leave a light on unless temps drop below 20. It was 28 in coop this AM so not to bad for them. But today and tonight will be the real test. I guess I would like to hear how others in IN are handling this. I know they will be OK, but we dont' want them to suffer.
Gram

Hey Gram i'm from Indiana also. It was -10 degrees this a.m. when I went out to care for my critters. I have several barns so it was a real chore to get er done..
I use a milk house heater in banty barn and a oil filled radiator heater in my smaller 8 x 10 barn. In my turkey barn they roost in rafters and do not seem to need a heater. It was toasty in there!
I just bring in the waters at night and refill and take out in a.m.
So barns were fine this morning.
It is supposed to warm up this weekend to the 30's so hopefully we can hang in there until then....

I am in Northern Indiana and i am looking for some geese, i would really like African geese but any kinds are ok, does anyone live anround Northern Indiana (Warsaw) and have some geese for sale. I can wait until march or april for them but i would just like to get some ordered before they are already all ordered.

lilchick-----------we had a oil filled radiator heater in our barn and the thing leaked all of the oil out of it this morning, Thank god we found it as it was happening, hard to tell what would have happened if we hadnt gaught it.

duck-----------Im in Portland, IN and I have geese. I have gray giant dewlap, gray sddaleback poms and africans. I will be selling eggs when they start to lay which should be next month. ................ed

I am in SE Indiana near the Ohio border. I have a few Ameraucana hens for sale and this spring I will have Blue orpington and welsummer eggs for sale.
Jane

we had a oil filled radiator heater in our barn and the thing leaked all of the oil out of it this morning, Thank god we found it as it was happening, hard to tell what would have happened if we hadnt gaught it.

Oh, Ed! Sorry I haven't been in touch, but I saw this and had to say HI. I'm so glad you found out about this BEFORE something bad happened. I cannot imagine what it would be like (nor do I want to). Be safe!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom