Inexpensive fairy picnic party ideas?

If it is around dusk or in the shade, you can try hanging mini chem-lights deep inside the bushes. They 'twinkle' as the leaves move. I love doing this when my kids sleep out in the yard.

Quote:
lau.gif

My dd had a Tinkerbelle party and for the girls I gave them each wings and wands and the boys got a pirate patch and a sword...dollar store.

I took a great big moving box and traced with a big permanent marker a pirate ship and cut out in the middle swinging doors and duct taped the ship between an entry way so when they came in an out of the room they had to go through the swinging doors and I put another cardboard peice affixed to the floor so they had to walk the plank when they went into the next room. (Her b-day is in Jan. so her parties are always indoor.)

I happen to have a treasure trunk too that I normally store blankets in...this became a prop. We also have 1 very large aligator that became a prop as well.

The treasure hunt...hunting small prizes was a hit...now each year each of my daughters requests a treasure hunt.

I copied this map on manilla paper...so it wasn't just "white" it was manilla colored and looked a little more aged. I ripped the edges off all the way around and then I slightly burned the bottom edge.

http://familyfun.go.com/printables/treasure-map-704849/

I used this as her party invites. I wrote in various parts on the map: What: When: Where: RSVP: Then I rolled it up and tied it with some twine. She had about 10 or so guests and some are siblings and they all live somewhat close to us so we had fun hand delivering them...although I know this might not be what everyone would do...we still like doing it and all the kids get a kick out of it.

There were various ages there and when the kids first got there everyone got thier wings/wands and eye patches and swords and they just ran around and played and had fun for a bit.

I got paper lunch sacks and markers and had them decorate thier own treasure hunting sacks...I offered up suggestions and said, maybe you want to draw rainbows or butterflies? Maybe you want to draw a pirate ship and alligators?..... When they were done with that then I started the treasure hunt....since I took that time to run around and place the prizes.

Clue 1) Hot lava...molten fire...hurry up before the climber tires. (In step son's bedroom next to orange lava lamp...prize sticky wall crawlers *note: I'm posting the images---I found mine at local party supplier store. I'm not suggesting you buy from the places I've found the images*

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-dozen-12-pcs-...d=220759110190&ps=63&clkid=748117138547069690

* I like to give party favors that are actually fun and that do something. These crawlers were really neat and worked best on the fridge we found out.

Clue 2) If you loose your way...don't you fret...look at the map and stick with Tink. (Had map hangin in play room and party favors were temp. tattoos of tink and pirates)

Clue 3) Fairy Gardens they can hide a fairy garden surprise. (In oldest daughters bedroom made her room a fairy garden and hung flowers and ribbons and such...hid them under the slide of her bunk bed.... Tinkerbelle erasors....came in purple or green with Tink on them....again...found at party supplier near home.)

Clue 4) Pixie dust makes some sneeze and we'll find it here where Tinkerbelle dreams. (made b-day girls room Tinkerbelle's layer...and hid there treats under her pillow---- candy star lolli's that come with sugar dust to dip in----found in Walmart in party section--comes in pink and purple)

Clue 5) *I like to think of this as the grand finale'
tongue.png
~There's treasure there and where it lies is full of danger...there's Captian Hook, walking planks, and alligators. (glow in the dark bouncy ball that's an eye ball and these of course were on Captain Hooks pirate ship inside the treasure chest...past the aligator toy...across the plank and through the ships swinging doors....)
http://www.toyconnection.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GDEYE&Category_Code=B&Product_Count=6

Lunch
was: eye balls... purple grapes fingers... carrot sticks and ranch worms... mac and chz pirates pie... frozen sausage pizza

I know it wasn't as "girly" as some parties could be but the girls and boys had a very nice time. The boys had lots of fun chasing all the little fairies. I thought about the little sandwiches too but figured another time. And I got a Tinkerbelle icecream cake from DQ.

ok...they are 5 and you live in Ca.

Since it would be harder to keep them up till dusk just to get the "lighted effect..." think about doing this just for your daughters sake...with the lights and a jar to catch fire flies...that can be her special thing.

As for the party...I'd say everyone bring swimsuits and create a Fairy land - Pixie Hallow where each fairy is represented in centers to show what each fairy's job is....remember in Tinkerbelle there is a water fairy? set up a kiddie pool, slip in slide, sprinkler...have little watering cans and water toys and this can occupy the majority of thier time and they will have fun playing together.

Garden fairy...you can plant some little flowers and have them sprinkle a little bit of water on them...as part of the water fairy job.

Next center can be the Animal Fairy center... think about having pine cones, peanut butter, bird seed, yarn...having kids make the animals a treat and hang them on the trees.

Wind fairy and pixie dust fairy center can be combined.... give each lil girl a small wood dowel (buy at hard ware store) that has some long and wide free flowing ribbon (craft store) attached to it so they can run and swirl thier ribbons and dance and leap....and turn on bubble blower machine and have bubbles for them to blow...the bubbles are the pixie dust that helps them "fly" and the ribbon teaches them about wind.

Last edited:
Thanks...I like this kind of stuff. Can't wait for the party... I hope the weather cooperates and you all have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom