Infected Eye?

goldie11

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2016
One of my birds (a light brahma 7 wks old) is showing that she has a puffy swollen eye. Im thinking maybe an eye infection...but also maybe side effects of a respiratory infection? A few of my birds showed symptons of respiratory infections, so i lightly treated them with herbs and VetRx and the symptoms seemed to subside. Please respond with any suggestions as to what might be wrong with her and how to treat it. I'll attach a picture of her eye. Thanks.

She instead could have been pecked in the eye or have a foreign body. For now, I would look into the eye for any pus or crusty drainage, and clean the eye with saline. Then apply Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin. If she starts showing nasal drainage or sneezing, you can treat her with Tylan 50 injectable, used orally, 1/4 ml by mouth twice a day for 3-5 days. You may want to get a sick bird tested to determine if your flock has MG or some other respiratory disease.

She instead could have been pecked in the eye or have a foreign body. For now, I would look into the eye for any pus or crusty drainage, and clean the eye with saline. Then apply Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin. If she starts showing nasal drainage or sneezing, you can treat her with Tylan 50 injectable, used orally, 1/4 ml by mouth twice a day for 3-5 days. You may want to get a sick bird tested to determine if your flock has MG or some other respiratory disease.

Okay thanks for the advice. If i was gonna use tylan i was thinking water soluable because a couple other bids showed respiratory infection symptoms. Also shes had the eye issue since friday so I'll have to watch it for a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom