Infertile rooster?

Very pretty cockerel. I'd trim him. Wouldn't hurt to also post pictures from one of the cracked pullet eggs
I posted this in another group and everyone told me fertilized but maybe they were wrong? What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201_074559_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_074559_Facebook.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240201_074644_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_074644_Gallery.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 12
How exactly would you trim him? Like just near his but?
I was having fertility problems with my orps, so I waited until everyone went to roost and it was dark, went in with my "chicken scissors" and my phone light and trimmed about an inch of fluff off the booty fluff of my roo and hens. No more fertility issues.

I was having fertility problems with my orps, so I waited until everyone went to roost and it was dark, went in with my "chicken scissors" and my phone light and trimmed about an inch of fluff off the booty fluff of my roo and hens. No more fertility issues.
Thank you. I guess I don't understand how chickens reproduce but I don't understand what their but fluff has to do with anything. Lol. Can you help me understand please?

Thank you. I guess I don't understand how chickens reproduce but I don't understand what their but fluff has to do with anything. Lol. Can you help me understand please?
Roosters don't have a penis. Instead, they have a cloaca, and so do the hens. For mating to be successful, they have to make contact. If the rooster is wobbly and isn't making contact, or if the feathers are getting in the way, he won't be able to fertilize the hen.

Roosters don't have a penis. Instead, they have a cloaca, and so do the hens. For mating to be successful, they have to make contact. If the rooster is wobbly and isn't making contact, or if the feathers are getting in the way, he won't be able to fertilize the hen.
Okay i get that. But they don't use their buts right?

Back
Top Bottom