Infestation of?????***pic added****

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
well i have came onto a lot of pictures and this is what i found that looks like what we have in our yard, and there are tons of nests in our yard we definitely have an infestation, my research on this computer tells me it is an Asian Hornet
70328_honeybee.jpg
and yes they are really this big they are really scary,,,

just want to make this clear i have noo idea what this is, an Asian Hornet may be the last thing it is, but these things are big and very up close and personal with you and look a lot like this asian hornet

Last edited:
yeah these are very scary, my step-father tried to smash one with a shovel, it got back up and flew away, they don't seem very mean, as they haven't bitten any one (YET)

I would agree to calling your local University and/or extension service. If this is an invasive species and an infestation, it ought to be reported. Yikes that is a big bug!!

Quote:
nope, the picture i posted is a google picture, i have a few pictures of what i just took for you guys, i have found out that this is called a sand hornet they aren't mean either,,,, and not as big as the asian hornet,,,, here are the pictures
70328_sand_hornet_001.jpg
this is one of the smaller ones actually, it is dead, and has a push-pin stuck in it's back here are a few more pictures, but like i said this bug is smaller than some of the others around our yard
70328_sand_hornet_002.jpg
70328_sand_hornet_003.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom