Inflatable Christmas (or other holiday) yard decor

I had a nieghbor a while back that must of had at least 5 for every holiday and he would put lights in them so you would not miss them after dark. I really think there was more days with them on display than not. I do not know how he mowed his grass.

Whatever.
hu.gif
Not in my yard, though.

It snows here. A lot. We can get 2 feet easily in one day. These blow up things look ridiculous half covered in snow. And they look so sad in the mornings... all deflated....
gig.gif

Well we've got 6 or 7 of them. Mainly penguins and snowmen. My wife likes them so they are fine by me.

A few years back we took a broken up reindeer and hung it from a tree with red lights dangling out and onto the ground. It was a typical redneck decoration. A professor of photography from a local university stopped by one day and asked to take a picture of it. He was using a large box camera with 8"x10" film. An old schooler.

Few multicolored lights or maybe some light-up LED reindeer or lights in shrubs/trees or a creche. I don't care for the inflatable yard stuff but I like a bunch of sparkly low-wattage LED's.

PS Save some LED's for early AM winter egg purposes...
lol.png

101609_september_2011_2171.jpg

i got some , bought them in Florida, used them in Ohio as well, but i dont use them in Kansas, its just so windy. I love tacky stuff. Even our christmas tree has a mix of lights,some only partially working and all sorts of ornaments. Tacky is good!!!!

I always like the person who puts up a manger scene, with angels, deer and Santa Claus and the elves looking on. I can't decide whether it's a good message or just nuts.

I don't like them at all. Looks so bad in the yard all deflated. They are just tacky. I am not putting anything out in my yard this year. I had lights last year but that's about all. Call me a scrooge this year.

Back
Top Bottom