Injured baby duckling!! Help!!

sydney202

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2015
Ohio
We just got out baby ducks a week ago Thursday. Everything has been great until this evening. One of my babies cannot stand up and walk and when I went to check on him again two of the others were biting at his limp foot. I resorted to bringing him in the house away from the other ducks but he is not very happy about it and hasn't stopped making noise since I brought him in. Any advise on how to help my little guy would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Got a mirror or something reflective so It can see it's self. Fool it in to thinking it's another duck or a toy. I used rubber duckies for The Fance (fancy my chicken). She was the only one that hatched.

A lack of niacin will cause leg problems and Brewer's yeast can be used to help. Have you examined the duckling for injuries?

There doesn't appear to be any visual injuries I've looked multiple times. I will try to put some of my daughters Rubber duckies in with it. I just feel so bad for him!

Got Mr. Gimp some Poly-Vi-Sol today and he seems to be doing better already. So more than likely due to niocin deficiency.

Is there anything noticeably wrong when just looking at his foot

There's something wrong with my duck too. :(
It was fine then it couldn't walk anymore. I have 6 ducks total. I've had two for 7 weeks.
Two for a week (one showed in picture)
And two for 2 days
All Are fine except this one and one of my 7 week old ducks has a crest.
This is my first time ever raising ducks and I need help. :(

It was fine then it couldn't walk anymore. I have 6 ducks total. I've had two for 7 weeks.
And two for 2 days

Add brewers yeast or switch feed to meet duck nutritional needs. What feed store do you use/ brand? Get game bird and turkey, duck, purina flock raiser, home fresh multi flock or nature wise all flock feed.

Add brewers yeast or switch feed to meet duck nutritional needs. What feed store do you use/ brand? Get game bird and turkey, duck, purina flock raiser, home fresh multi flock or nature wise all flock feed.

I use the same feed for all my ducks and this is the only one like this. I can try and get brewers yeast tomorrow though. I get my feed from tractor supply it's the chick starter

And two for 2 days

Is it a pekin? That's what mine are. They are only about a week and a half. Try getting so poly-vi-sol it's an enfamil baby vitamin supplement with niocin in it.

Back
Top Bottom