Injured beak

That's horrible! I know we try to treat our chicken children the best we can, but are you sure putting her down wasn't a better option?

I'm pulling for her, but damn...! :-(

She lost about a 1/4 of her beak. But she is happy and active. Just a word of caution. Always realize how serious something is and tell the receptionist that its serious. Even find a poultry vet ahead of time hoping you Don t have to use them. Or else you waste time calling down the list.

Attachments

• 20210703_070141.jpg
    20210703_070141.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 6
Good advice for others. Line up a good vet before you need them.

Did they cauterize her beak or will it grow back out? It looks like she's stuck without an upper beak, or am I interpreting the photo wrong?

Good advice for others. Line up a good vet before you need them.

Did they cauterize her beak or will it grow back out? It looks like she's stuck without an upper beak, or am I interpreting the photo wrong?
They amputated it. The vet doesn't know if her beak will grow back or not. Some posts said it depends. But said she will learn to eat again.

Definitely up a good vet. Many made excuses like they weren't accepting new clients. Or they were booked for awhile when they hear and think its only a chicken and they fail to realize the seriousness.

Thank God we found someone who realized and cared.

Indeed on all points.

It's VERY important to have a treatment facility lined up BEFORE you need one! Everyone who is reading this thread, pay attention; find a facility now that will treat your babies BEFORE you need the treatment. It's absolutely critical when time is off the essence and you can't treat them yourself.

We're very glad you found someone that realized the seriousness and cared enough to treat her!

Back
Top Bottom