injured Brahma chick

Shark Akhrrana

Songster
Apr 9, 2010
Chicken Land
All my chicks were doing great. They were having fun out in the grass. I put them inside at night. They are about two weeks old. they sleep inside a bird cage for now since they are small. My dad takes then out in the morning to their outside enclosure. When I woke up this morning I went to check on my chicks. One was sitting on the floor. It looked normal. Later when I returned it was in the same spot. I worried and realized it was hurt. I checked his leg and wing for injuries. I see nothing. I took the chick inside and brought along a second chick for company. Its eating but its just laying there. I don't know what to do . :(

Last edited:
He may have just sprained something playing with the others. Does he limp on just one leg or both? Be sure and check his foot and toes.

Okay, you are doing the right thing by keeping him in a crate so he can rest and doesn't get picked on. Get him some vitamins--PolyVisol baby vitamins without iron 1 drop a day are good as well as Save-A-Chick Vitamins packets for the water. Every day or two take him out and see what he can do, then if he's still limping, put him back in. If you can put him in the same area as his friends he will keep his place in the flock and won't have to be re-introduced. Even his friend will loose his place in the flock.

Okay, you are doing the right thing by keeping him in a crate so he can rest and doesn't get picked on.  Get him some vitamins--PolyVisol baby vitamins without iron 1 drop a day  are good as well as Save-A-Chick Vitamins packets for the water.  Every day or two take him out and see what he can do, then if he's still limping, put him back in.  If you can put him in the same area as his friends he will keep his place in the flock and won't have to be re-introduced.  Even his friend will loose his place in the flock.

I placed him back. I am giving him vitamins in His water. And put him in a food bowl so he can eat there. He still limps. I hope he recovers.
he was the most active chick. To just see him sitting there is just sad.

Back
Top Bottom