Desireemechelle

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2021
Hi there! I’m new and joined to ask this question! I love animals of all kinds and while staying at a cabin with my boyfriend came across an injured Canadian goose. Looks like wing is broken. Not angel wing. I researched online. Looks like wound under wing and flies are circling so I’m afraid of eggs being laid and infestation then maggots. Fed the goose and got close enough to pet on back. Received a few hisses but not aggressive. Appears scared and resting along bank of river and in parking lot. No other geese around. Not sure how to help? There’s a wildlife rehabilitation about an hour from here just not sure they take geese or have space. Suggestions? Advice? Was getting close to goose and gaining trust but then it got dark so I will check on it in morning. Will post picture if I see it again. I’m in TN. Any advice greatly appreciated. My boyfriend says leave it alone and we can’t rescue a goose but my mother rescued everything while she was alive! So I hate to leave it scared and injured.
Help!!!

Get in touch with the wildlife rehabilitation if you can. Even if they don’t have room they might be able to tell you what to do or give you a referral. Try not to stress it out. Keep an eye out for flock as well as predators as they might find it and it won’t be able to fly away. Keep giving it food as well as it won’t be able to find much in its own.

Back
Top Bottom