Injured duck - Leg Was Tied - Photo attached

Sounds encouraging for sure. Can she put any weight on her leg? and don't forget when using Epsom salt don't let them drink the water it is also a laxative besides helping with swelling and Inflammation.
lol, and we all know ducks dont need to create more poop
lau.gif

Sounds encouraging for sure. Can she put any weight on her leg? and don't forget when using Epsom salt don't let them drink the water it is also a laxative besides helping with swelling and Inflammation.
She's limping, and since she doesn't have crutches, she is putting some weight on it, though very little. I've been doing a compress with the Epsom salts, not a full bath, since yeah, laxative effect to the nth degree.

She's limping, and since she doesn't have crutches, she is putting some weight on it, though very little. I've been doing a compress with the Epsom salts, not a full bath, since yeah, laxative effect to the nth degree.
Well I just had a vision of Aflac the duck with crutches but yeah don't think it would work in the real world. Best just let her rest as much as possible..

Her leg doesn't look as swollen. I hope the vet thinks she will be okay. I think she will be it will just take time.
Bless her heart just makes you want to pick her up and smooch her
Yeah, She is not one for hugs. or cuddles. or well, anything that has to do with me.

The improvement today has me thinking she's going to be okay, though I'm certainly not cancelling that Vet appt.

Yeah, She is not one for hugs. or cuddles. or well, anything that has to do with me.

The improvement today has me thinking she's going to be okay, though I'm certainly not cancelling that Vet appt.
I only have one that will let me smooch and cuddle him so I know what your saying..

I think she'll be okay too but It sure won't hurt to let the vet have a look at her leg. Glad your still taking her.

Thursday Update: Still swollen, though maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think the swelling has gone down a bit. She ate and drank this morning and when I went back inside to grab her some lettuce I left the kennel door open. She was almost out of the kennel when I got back.

Tonight she'll have a swim in the tub and I'll swap out her bedding. Vet Appointment tomorrow afternoon.
Your video shows good improvement! Keep up your first aid! You're doing great!

Back
Top Bottom