injured duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandogirl

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 12, 2012
Hi,
I have 5 Pekin ducks that showed up at my house as half grown ducklings. They are full grown now and have gotten along just fine. Recently one of them was injured by one of my dogs and had to spend 10 days at the vet. He is still injured but on the mend. I brought him home today to re-introduce him to the flock but they are picking on him. As weak as he is, I am concerned that they will kill him. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Stefani

Hi,
I have 5 Pekin ducks that showed up at my house as half grown ducklings. They are full grown now and have gotten along just fine. Recently one of them was injured by one of my dogs and had to spend 10 days at the vet. He is still injured but on the mend. I brought him home today to re-introduce him to the flock but they are picking on him. As weak as he is, I am concerned that they will kill him. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Stefani
Give him time to get i strength up and then if you can put him with about 2 of the ducks separated from the other ducks and then add the other in. They will probably not kill him....Ducks are super friendly BUT he may not be up to the natural inquisitiveness of the others. Good luck. Hope thi was helpful. Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom