Could my ducks leg be dislocated?

Renada_

Chirping
Mar 3, 2023
This duck is about six months old and he was injured when I got him him resulting in the leg that goes up. But the other side, I believe he was stepped on, sticks up in the back more than it should. I’ll add a video, and listen to it with sound on because I am talking about what I see with him. I just noticed the leg thing today, but he’s been struggling to move more recently. I just didn’t investigate, which I feel awful for. Anyway, please tell me someone can help Mac(Mackerel) he is my favorite and I can’t stand the thought of having to put him down. We also don’t have any avian vets nearby that he can go to.

oh dear that's so sad to see him struggling like that _ what kind of animal do you think may have stepped on him? I would bring him inside and make a sling (see link) and put his food and water in front of him for now - perhaps you can hold him up better and have someone else take pictures that show the legs - we cant really see them in the video, only that he is struggling.
http://petdiys.com/diy-plastic-bin-chicken-sling/

can he swim? if you put him in the bathtub for an hour. lukewarm water , to take the pressure off the hurt leg

oh dear that's so sad to see him struggling like that _ what kind of animal do you think may have stepped on him? I would bring him and make a sling and put his food and water in front of him for now - perhaps you can hold him up better and have someone else take pictures that show the legs - we cant really see them in the video, only that he is struggling.
http://petdiys.com/diy-plastic-bin-chicken-sling/
It’s okay, my mom just told me I have to say my goodbyes and let him go even though I really don’t want to. He’s my favorite duck and he has been for a while. I believe he was trampled by the other ducks that are with him, they’ve been getting along for a long time, so I think it was just an awful accident.

also make sure he is eating and drinking. when one of my ducks had a broken leg she refused to eat and i had to tube feed her to save her

It’s okay, my mom just told me I have to say my goodbyes and let him go even though I really don’t want to. He’s my favorite duck and he has been for a while. I believe he was trampled by the other ducks that are with him, they’ve been getting along for a long time, so I think it was just an awful accident.
oh no Im soooo sorry :hugs

Back
Top Bottom