Injured pullet leg

TrialandError

Songster
8 Years
Jul 23, 2015
SW Florida
One of my girls on Friday somehow got her foot stuck between 2 boards in the coop of which I have fixed from happening again. Well I have no idea how long she was stuck hanging upside down or how hard she struggled. When I first found her and got her unstuck and right side up she pooped a ton. She also just laid on her side and would barely scootch. I picked her up and felt her leg.Couldn't tell if it was broke or dislocated as I have never experienced either before. Her leg however just dangled and I thought I was going to have to put her down. The next day however she was up and mobile and limping around and would lay down often to rest. Today I picked her up checking her out and I noticed her crop was pretty empty. I have seen her at the food dish picking at food which is why I am confused as to why she is empty.

Is there anything I can do for her or need to look out for? Her tail was all sad and droopy yesterday but perky again today. Just worried about her empty crop.

This was taken yesterday it is her left leg.

HI! Sorry about your hen. I think I would separate her, like maybe in a dog kennel, for a while and see if she really is eating. Give her some scrambled eggs, yogurt, whatever she likes. Make sure she is eating and drinking. Maybe she just needs a little rest so she can recover.

Just an update on the hen. She seems completely recovered I can't even tell which hen it was. They must be super resiliant cause I thought for sure her leg was toast.

Back
Top Bottom