Injury or Bumblefoot?

Thanks for the photo. It looks like that might be the smallest bumble I've ever seen. My ducks have had bumblefoot, also mild cases - but the sore on the bottom was worse. The interesting thing is that with my ducks they barely had any swelling. Since this isn't presenting exactly like my personal experiences with bumblefoot I'll defer members with more experience.

My veterinarian did have me treat my ducks with the SSD cream, anti inflammatory medication, and oral antibiotics. She also had me wash my ducks foot with a broad spectrum antibacterial soap twice daily. I put neoprene duck boots on my duck because I couldn't get foot wraps to stay on her - bonus they are adorable!

Just a side note, I used to get bumblefoot regularly and since switching to soft surfaces I haven't gotten bumblefoot for years.

That does look like a small bumble. Definitely make sure they're mostly on soft surfaces. A twice daily soak in epsom salts and some colorless iodine painted on, or triple antibiotic ointment, might do the trick. Sorry your girl is having a hard time!

Back
Top Bottom