Injury or Neurological Issue?

Hello everyone. So Bridge has shown no improvement over the last three months. Lately it seems a little worse. She still carrying on mostly normally and I take her down from the roost each day. I was a little late a couple days ago and she had jumped partway down, which may or may not explain this. I just noticed today that her foot is not only sore, it appears to maybe have lost some function. Thoughts?

Sorry, I kind of say the same thing over and over again in the video. 🤣

@Shadrach
@azygous
@Wyorp Rock
@Eggcessive

Last edited:
Hello everyone. So Bridge has shown no improvement over the last three months. Lately it seems a little worse. She still carrying on mostly normally and I take her down from the roost each day. I was a little late a couple days ago and she had jumped partway down, which may or may not explain this. I just noticed today that her foot is not only sore, it appears to maybe have lost some function. Thoughts?

@Shadrach
@azygous
@Wyorp Rock
@Eggcessive
Awwww poor Bridge. Apart from the leg she is looking good!
It looks like it might be an issue higher up than the foot. Can she grip with her toes?

@Shadrach
@azygous
@Wyorp Rock
@Eggcessive
We still love Bridge so much :love :hugs

Awwww poor Bridge. Apart from the leg she is looking good!
It looks like it might be an issue higher up than the foot. Can she grip with her toes?
She does not seem to be gripping with her toes. No, I don’t think so.

I’m wondering if it could be Marek’s at her old age. When Margo died years ago of an egg yolk peritonitis infection gone septic, in the necropsy report, there were notes of a background Marek’s infection as seen in the nerve cap endings.

Has any bruising emerged? I would suspect she damaged a tendon or muscle. Have you tried Epsom soaks? I would expect that could improve her function after a few days of twice a day soaks. B-complex also should be tried for a few weeks.
No. It’s been cold and winter here and removing her from the flock (for a soak and dry indoors) would have stressed her out. I’ve just let her be for the past three months, helping her down from the rooster, every day. I could start a B complex, however.

I have noticed the past few days when I let them out and take her down from the roost, she hobbles along following me around, calling to me until I pick her up for a morning cuddle. Maybe she’s trying to tell me something.

Has any bruising emerged? I would suspect she damaged a tendon or muscle. Have you tried Epsom soaks? I would expect that could improve her function after a few days of twice a day soaks. B-complex also should be tried for a few weeks.
No, I never saw any bruising, but honestly did not look very hard in her feathers. I have noticed lately that the leg might feel thin. I’ll compare it to the other leg tomorrow, as it might have atrophy.

Back
Top Bottom