Innards/guts?

I was told by my friend who feeds her dogs raw diets that the neck, liver & hearts can be saved for the dogs. We asked the guy processing for us and he said he usually saves it for his dogs so saving it in a bucket is the norm for him.

Quote:
funny how pork waste can be turned into chicken too
wink.png

Quote:
How deep do you recommend burying meat products?

i would go several feet if you dont want them all over the yard by morning..... a post hole digger is an easy way and just save the sod from top and replace it.

Quote:
How deep do you recommend burying meat products?

i would go several feet if you dont want them all over the yard by morning..... a post hole digger is an easy way and just save the sod from top and replace it.

No sod to save. I would like to bury it in the garden, as ChickSlick indicated. I let parts of the garden 'rest' each year and I would like to bury it in the 'resting' plots.

Quote:
I feed my dogs liver, hearts, gizzard, lungs, and any other bits of organs that I scrape out. The neck and feet go in the stock pot but if I wasn't making stock the dogs would get that, too. I often give them the chicken back, too.My dogs are on raw and they get raw chicken with bones at least twice a week. Sometimes I substitute turkey necks or pork with bones. The bones keep them regular and give them calcium. The organs are packed with vitamins. They get organ meat at least once or twice a week- beef or chicken liver and other more unusual organs.

smile.png

Zonzona. I bury about 10-12 inches. I bury meat carcasses a little deeper. You can also bury garbage on the garden side of plants growing, just far enough away from the growing roots, it will not harm your growing crops. Happy burying!

I must have the only dog that had no desire to eat the leftover livers, hearts, etc.

He will happily eat donkey poop but would not touch the chicken parts. He was happy to throw a foot around for hours and play with it but no actual eating of anything.

I ended up feeding the livers, hears and lungs back to the chickens and threw the rest in a dumpster that was conviently parked at my house for some serious weekend cleaning.

Next time... They are getting buried in the garden or throw out to the snappers in the pond ( well some of them anyways)

Back
Top Bottom