Inner eyelid injury in duck

The_Quacken

Hatching
Apr 23, 2020
My problem is resolved but I thought I'd post so other's could see what treatment worked since it seems people will post their problem but not follow up with what worked and how the animal is now doing.

My ducks inner eyelid looked like it was torn and was so swollen she couldn't close the eyelid. After some internet research I decided to try Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment. Was $20 at my local coop no prescription needed.

I chose the ointment over drops because it will stay in the eye longer than drops and provide some moisture since she couldn't close the lid.
Used a Qtip to administer 3 to 4 times a day for e days then twice a day for another 4. Saw some drastic improvement so stopped to see what would happen. Happy to say the eye continued to improve, I thought she would have a messed up eye forever but now I can't tell the difference between her and her sister. I don't have any photos of how it looks today but have photos at the behind and end of her getting antibiotics.

IMG_20200424_202004.jpg
IMG_20200424_202021.jpg

Below is about when we stopped antibiotics
IMG_20200426_203247.jpg

IMG_20200426_203321.jpg

My problem is resolved but I thought I'd post so other's could see what treatment worked since it seems people will post their problem but not follow up with what worked and how the animal is now doing.

My ducks inner eyelid looked like it was torn and was so swollen she couldn't close the eyelid. After some internet research I decided to try Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment. Was $20 at my local coop no prescription needed.

I chose the ointment over drops because it will stay in the eye longer than drops and provide some moisture since she couldn't close the lid.
Used a Qtip to administer 3 to 4 times a day for e days then twice a day for another 4. Saw some drastic improvement so stopped to see what would happen. Happy to say the eye continued to improve, I thought she would have a messed up eye forever but now I can't tell the difference between her and her sister. I don't have any photos of how it looks today but have photos at the behind and end of her getting antibiotics.

View attachment 2157312View attachment 2157321
Below is about when we stopped antibiotics
View attachment 2157326
View attachment 2157329
Thanks for sharing this. Might try it too!

Back
Top Bottom