Integrating quail into new cage

Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
I have three adult female quail and two 4 week old quail whose genders I'm not sure of. If both of the baby quail or only one of them are female (meaning a correct ratio) I will integrate the baby quail into the bigger cage.
How would I go about this? They can currently hear eachother but can't see each other. I'm not sure about smelling eachother.

I have three adult female quail and two 4 week old quail whose genders I'm not sure of. If both of the baby quail or only one of them are female (meaning a correct ratio) I will integrate the baby quail into the bigger cage.
How would I go about this? They can currently hear eachother but can't see each other. I'm not sure about smelling eachother.
You can make a little boxed off area with chicken wire or something or set thier cage up next to the big cage for a couple of weeks. Then slowly start letting them touch each other. After a while they should be good.

You can make a little boxed off area with chicken wire or something or set thier cage up next to the big cage for a couple of weeks. Then slowly start letting them touch each other. After a while they should be good.
When should I start doing this? When I know the genders so I don't upset the ratio?

How long do I wait until putting them together if they can see eachother and I let them touch eachother?

Won't I have to wait until they are fully feathered/ the same size as the other birds? That's what I would've thought I had to do, rather than placing them in as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom