Integrating

Trish1947

Songster
Nov 2, 2021
Arizona
My teenagers ( for lack of A Better word) have been in with my flock since I got them But in a separated cage. I want to let them out of the cage. Since older girls have seen them forever will it be safe to integrate them so they will have more room now and be with older hens? Thx

Yea, it's time to integrate. Naturally, you will want to keep an eye on things for a bit to make sure there isn't too much fighting. Some head pecks, flying tackles and chest bumps are to be expected, but hopefully things calm down quickly. Your case will probably see minimal fighting due to your fence between them but otherwise being in the same pen - they are practically integrated already.

Yea, it's time to integrate. Naturally, you will want to keep an eye on things for a bit to make sure there isn't too much fighting. Some head pecks, flying tackles and chest bumps are to be expected, but hopefully things calm down quickly. Your case will probably see minimal fighting due to your fence between them but otherwise being in the same pen - they are practically integrated already.
Thanks so much. I appreciate the advice. I will do in the morning. 🐓🐓😊

Well I let them out. They kept running back but eventually came out. Big girls are being pretty good considering. I tried to upload a video but it isn’t working.

Back
Top Bottom