Integration: the struggle is real!

Sorry, working a lot lately and just no time. How is it going with your youngsters?

It’s only been two weeks, but I finally just bit the bullet on a weekend when I would be home and removed the temporary House completely. I was scared to death if the littles went in the bigger coop, that the older girls might injure or even kill one of the littles when they woke up in the morning!

My husband was great about getting up just before sun up that first week and making sure it was open so they could escape. It worked great. There were a Few days in a row that I had to go out at night and put a couple in the coop, and the young ones cried a bit, but is all good now!

All in all I think all the gradual introducing did help, and removing my main bully. Even though the others still could get pretty mean, taking out the main instigator helped too.

let us know how it’s going too!

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I'm now beginning the stage to get them into the coop by attracting them there when the old hen is locked out and free-ranging. I've taken out the run-separater and theres enough space that they scurry away when the old hen comes along.

Back
Top Bottom