Interesting development

JDChickChat

Cluck Crazy
Jun 6, 2020
Jacobstown, New Jersey
So I have two sets of chicks I raised this spring/summer. The first set, almost 12 weeks; and the new set, almost 3 weeks. I read an article that said you can bond with your chickens if you behave like them (pretend to scratch, mock their sounds and chirps, etc.) So I did that with my 3 week olds.

Oddly enough, the chick I thought for sure hated me is now crying the "where did you guys go" cry incessantly everytime I leave the room and stops immediately when I enter and start talking to them next to their cage.

Weird, huh? Any thoughts?

So I have two sets of chicks I raised this spring/summer. The first set, almost 12 weeks; and the new set, almost 3 weeks. I read an article that said you can bond with your chickens if you behave like them (pretend to scratch, mock their sounds and chirps, etc.) So I did that with my 3 week olds.

Oddly enough, the chick I thought for sure hated me is now crying the "where did you guys go" cry incessantly everytime I leave the room and stops immediately when I enter and start talking to them next to their cage.

Weird, huh? Any thoughts?

same here with my new black sexlink. it runs from me but if i sit in the room shes quiet till i leave. once i pick her up she sits on my chest and snuggles up and gets quiet. lol

Back
Top Bottom