Internally piped

Feb 8, 2019
hello,
My duck eggs are on day 23 (nearly 24) and one of them has internally piped. The only issue is that the eggs have small air cells (like day 10-15 size) I don’t want it to run out of air. What should I do? The egg is upright at the moment.
Thanks x

One of the eggs have internally piped and externally. I can see the little beak nibbling. Whenever I hatch eggs I always have a great hatch rate but it is inevitable that I have to help one or two. What breed are you hatching? Mine are Cayuga.
6 eggs are 1/2 Welsh Harlequin and 1/2 Khaki Campbell, 3 eggs 3/4 Khaki and 1/4 Appleyard. The six all have external pips today. :fl

update????
All the eggs have hatched 8 out of 10. The other two were the complete wrong position and didn’t make it. The other duckies are all very fluffy and cute!
52277F41-79C1-47A6-B73B-781936AFF140.jpeg

So, how are things today? Any external pipping? My eggs are right behind you. We are on day 25 today with all internally pipping. I incubated dry and still have a couple with small air sacs. I always hatch with the eggs in an upright position, so I appreciated your comment about it. My last hatch had a similar problem and I ended up having to help two hatch. I hope things are going well for you.
One of the eggs have internally piped and externally. I can see the little beak nibbling. Whenever I hatch eggs I always have a great hatch rate but it is inevitable that I have to help one or two. What breed are you hatching? Mine are Cayuga.

I used a small screw head to make the safety hole by repeatedly hitting the shell over the air cell with just enough force to dent and then pierce the shell after a couple of hits, much like how a duckling would repeatedly peck to make its own hole.

Back
Top Bottom