International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

you need more pens .
a fat note bock ,
a good camera,
a lot of legs tugs different colours ,
a good planing in how to breed each variety .
a lot work and time .

the know how to how to work with them I ll help you out .I m working on the same varieties ,we can share information .

breeding chooks is fun . always waiting to see the new generation .always looking toward the future .

did she gave you a silver salmon cockerel? if yes some photos of him please.

chooks man
Sounds good, I been studying for years getting ready for this life long adventure! And no silver salmon, Just golden salmons. I got crele(golden) and silver crele. All the varieties i'll be working with this year are BCM, wheatens/ blue wheatens, black tailed buff, solid blues, golden salmon, crele and silver crele.

Sounds good, I been studying for years getting ready for this life long adventure! And no silver salmon, Just golden salmons. I got crele(golden) and silver crele. All the varieties i'll be working with this year are BCM, wheatens/ blue wheatens, black tailed buff, solid blues, golden salmon, crele and silver crele.

genetically speaking ,the golden Crele is a cuckoo golden salmon . and the Silver Crele is a Cuckoo silver salmon .
you can mate your silver salmon pullet to a silver crele cockerel .you ll end up with a single barring cockerels .or dark silver crele .

to work with a blue wheaten ,always use a Blue wheaten cockerel over a normal wheaten hens .never work with a Blue wheaten hens .they ll produce pullets with a darker under fluff ,no good .
select your wheaten hens with a cream under fluff to mate them to the Blue wheaten cockerels .
chooks man

Hello everyone, Been awhile since ive posted my i thought i would share some pictures. I went and visited with Mrs Bev Davis this weekend and she sent me home with plenty of projects. I'm excited to watch them grow and learn from them. These are golden salmon, crele and silver crele and solid blues. View attachment 1689457 View attachment 1689458 View attachment 1689459 View attachment 1689460 View attachment 1689461 View attachment 1689462 View attachment 1689463 View attachment 1689464 View attachment 1689465 View attachment 1689466 View attachment 1689467oldest bird is 3 months.
Wow! Look at that blue!!!! I love them. I miss mine

my 2 BC marans cockerel from Philip line are getting bigger ,they start to look good .
they still young
P1090043.JPG
P1090040.JPG

here they older sister on the left , great type but has a cushioned back,saddle area ,fluff up feathers .
P1090020.JPG

chooks man

my Black Tail Buff marans . love they rich red shoulder and they golden hackle . they are Red and Buff mixed , need to breed the red out of the buff to recreate the Black Tail Buff or I need to breed the buff out of the Red to recreate the Black Tail Red .will take me few years of selective breeding and some more crossing to do
P1090058.JPG
P1090050.JPG
P1090054.JPG
P1090059.JPG

the last one is a true Buff .

chooks man

my Black Tail Buff marans . love they rich red shoulder and they golden hackle . they are Red and Buff mixed , need to breed the red out of the buff to recreate the Black Tail Buff or I need to breed the buff out of the Red to recreate the Black Tail Red .will take me few years of selective breeding and some more crossing to do
View attachment 1696028 View attachment 1696029 View attachment 1696030 View attachment 1696032
the last one is a true Buff .

chooks man

both guys in the last photo are gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom