International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Black Jack has shoulder color coming in now.

20200607_125053.jpg

Awful news.
My birds have MG.
So far we have culled the egg flock. They were extremely sick one by one.

Tomorrow we will cull all the beautiful marans. I did cull 2 that has been suffering for a while now. Lethargic, fluffed up, gasping.... Saw the bubbly eyes and culled them today.

I think illness came in with the shipped marans chicks. I had put them with the newly hatched ones all together. One blcm was sneezing coughing and i thought it was just shipping stress. I didnt know. All the years of bird raising and ive never had this happen.

No other marans are showing symptoms but they will all be carriers i assume.

I have the legbars still in the brooder so they should be ok, that second dozen of local marans eggs due to hatch this week.

If i clean out the big coop and bleach everything, then in a couple weeks i can put these remaining ones out.

This is awful. I will admit, i cried.

Awful news.
My birds have MG.
So far we have culled the egg flock. They were extremely sick one by one.

Tomorrow we will cull all the beautiful marans. I did cull 2 that has been suffering for a while now. Lethargic, fluffed up, gasping.... Saw the bubbly eyes and culled them today.

I think illness came in with the shipped marans chicks. I had put them with the newly hatched ones all together. One blcm was sneezing coughing and i thought it was just shipping stress. I didnt know. All the years of bird raising and ive never had this happen.

No other marans are showing symptoms but they will all be carriers i assume.

I have the legbars still in the brooder so they should be ok, that second dozen of local marans eggs due to hatch this week.

If i clean out the big coop and bleach everything, then in a couple weeks i can put these remaining ones out.

This is awful. I will admit, i cried.
I am so sorry! :hugsdisinfect and from what I have read it can survive in a pen for several weeks. I am sure others will chime in that know more than I do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom