International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Holly laid her first egg this morning.
DSCN1292.JPG

Holly's first egg on the left, Daisy's first on the right.
DSCN1295.JPG

Pearl and Poppy both have white foot feathers. I am guessing they are the ones carrying the parasitic white.

if they have white feathers on they feet ,for sure they are parasitic white carriers .
what about the BC hens ?
if Jasper is free from parasitic white ,than you only need one BC hen free from any white to pair her to him and hatch cockerels line .

chooks man

we have to know witch hen is responsible for the parasitic white .
I always said we need to know the mother of the chick .when some thing like this happen ,we know witch hen to remove from the pen .
If Jasper is clean then mate him just to a BC hens not a BLC hens .
we know one of the BLC hen is responsible ,better to keep cockerels from the BC hens .
we have to see how the chicks grow up .but keep the chicks from BC hens well marked ,so we can fellow them up as they grow .
every thing is fixable with good breeding program .

chooks man
The BC hens from this year breed them with Jasper next year?

if they have white feathers on they feet ,for sure they are parasitic white carriers .
what about the BC hens ?
if Jasper is free from parasitic white ,than you only need one BC hen free from any white to pair her to him and hatch cockerels line .

chooks man
I only have one BC from last year the rest are from this year.

what about the BC hens ?

chooks man
I am hoping Jade and storm are not carrying white. No white in foot feathers. I have their eggs in now.

Back
Top Bottom