International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Both my Marans combs are in rough shape. Should make a pea comb Marans. I just have no clue where to get started :idunno
What do you think is it a project worth researching and undertaking? I’ve never even seen one listed anywhere.
Thin tips, large and floppy combs tend to get frostbitten.

The meaty and/or smaller ones hardly ever get compromised. Always choose a rooster with a meaty comb and rather thick points and the issues with frostbite will soon disappear.

Here are my Marans in Montana winter. Only reason we had comb problems was the huge drop didn't leave time to acclimate. Going from 10° above freezing to 30° below zero does that!
IMG_20210218_102254159_HDR.jpg

@OneMountainAcres share Romeo here plz. The cute broody tom pictures never get old. 😋

Absolutely! He's my sweet, loveable boy! I don't think there's a tom like him anywhere lol. The two bigger poults he was parenting were not broody raised, they were just added to the flock young. He started caring for them when the weather turned cold again and they weren't used to it. He brooded them as long as they allowed him to. The baby on his back was being raised by a broody hen but he was more than happy to babysit whenever :)

20200215_202602.jpg
20200214_205051.jpg
20200128_195518.jpg
IMG_20180819_203844.jpg
IMG_20180819_203744.jpg

Being the awesome guy he is, he loves kids of all types.....

FB_IMG_1530379926928.jpg

Here are my Marans in Montana winter. Only reason we had comb problems was the huge drop didn't leave time to acclimate. Going from 10° above freezing to 30° below zero does that! View attachment 2535028

White hen standing in the middle is absolutely stunning ,she look correct .thick ,long and gorgeous tail .
Bravo my friend .
chooks man

received a call from Troy telling me the Splash chicks from Khabib and red chicks from Day Walker are hatching .
I ll be going to the farm this Sunday .will take photos .
Eggs from the splash pens are the darkest . plus they are mated to a proven rooster all his 5 daughters lay dark eggs .so I ll expecting this newly hatch chicks from a better quality hens will lay super dark eggs .that is a theory any way around 50% will have inherited a genes .
I ll keep you updated as they grow .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom