International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Does any have an idea if my BCM is a pullet or cockerel? I was told it was a pullet along with its sister but now I’m not sure. I have thread but thought this thread might help since it is dedicated to BCMs. Thanks for the help.View attachment 2536124View attachment 2536128View attachment 2536129View attachment 2536126
looks like a cockerel to me, standing next to a pullet, but it is early yet and waiting until the first colored saddle feathers is the most surefire way. also thats a legbar on the bottom picture. cute, though.

looks like a cockerel to me, standing next to a pullet, but it is early yet and waiting until the first colored saddle feathers is the most surefire way. also thats a legbar on the bottom picture. cute, though.
Oh, whoops! Didn’t mean to add that pic in their. Yes it is a Cream Legbar pullet. She is super sweet

Does any have an idea if my BCM is a pullet or cockerel? I was told it was a pullet along with its sister but now I’m not sure. I have thread but thought this thread might help since it is dedicated to BCMs. Thanks for the help.View attachment 2536124View attachment 2536128View attachment 2536129View attachment 2536126

how old are they? there is a hope for pullet with a big comb. I had a few like that. cockerels usually by 2 wo have deep red wattles.

White hen standing in the middle is absolutely stunning ,she look correct .thick ,long and gorgeous tail .
Bravo my friend .
chooks man
The whites do look good, I am happy with how they have turned out, especially being a surprise recessive gene hidden among them. That big dude is boss right now so I bet there are a lot of white carriers among my chicks right now for sure. Only a matter of time until more whites hatch. I am keeping a close eye on them, however, as when they first manifested, Albedo's brother developed a heart condition common to animals that show albino or partial albino traits, as I would suspect that recessive white could be partial albinism, although I could be wrong. My mother said heart issue and blindness are common albino issues in her experience, although her field isn't in birds.

Luckily, they do have eyes of the right color so that's a big plus in the not-a-full-albino column.

Back
Top Bottom