International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

These 3 roosters in the pictures I have posted were bought as eggs last fall.
I bought them to breed in short, lower tails.
They were not hatched from my hens.

I have a group of 7 cockerels growing out that ARE from my flock. Their sire was Walon (culled) with no parasitic white.

So my plan is to keep 2-3 roosters from 1 line with parasitic white but have excellent mass and color
and 2-3 from my original line who have high, large tails but no parasitic white.

I have 3 lines of hens.
Some of them are from the same breeder as my 3 roosters with white.

I will be test breeding this spring to see what I get.

Sorry if I am confusing you.

breed these nice guys with hens from no parasitic white line.

I can't have roosters but I have to ask if his bad attitude is inflicted on the hens or just you. Would he be worth keeping if he was just being protective of his ladies? I have a scar from a nasty too my mom kept. He probably should have been culled but he was so hard to catch she ended up letting him loose in the woods when we moved. :wee

I can't have roosters but I have to ask if his bad attitude is inflicted on the hens or just you. Would he be worth keeping if he was just being protective of his ladies? I have a scar from a nasty too my mom kept. He probably should have been culled but he was so hard to catch she ended up letting him loose in the woods when we moved. :wee

2 of them have never been with the hens. They are in an all rooster pen. A bachelor pen.

1 of the three is in with the hens and is respectful to them and me. He has never shown aggression.

In my experience, some of the aggression can go away as they mature if it is not a regular occurrence but if they are aggressive toward me through the fence every day, they will be mean always. Like I said, just my experience.

I would like to think maybe his attitude will change being with the girls, so I will give him a chance when I switch out Seamus and put him in with the hens. I dont have high hopes though.

Hmmm
That mean one needs a name. It would make it easier to talk about him.

Back
Top Bottom