International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

2 of them have never been with the hens. They are in an all rooster pen. A bachelor pen.

1 of the three is in with the hens and is respectful to them and me. He has never shown aggression.

In my experience, some of the aggression can go away as they mature if it is not a regular occurrence but if they are aggressive toward me through the fence every day, they will be mean always. Like I said, just my experience.

I would like to think maybe his attitude will change being with the girls, so I will give him a chance when I switch out Seamus and put him in with the hens. I dont have high hopes though.

Hmmm
That mean one needs a name. It would make it easier to talk about him.

I have never had a mean roo. maybe because I tame them, talk to them and pet them since young age.

I noticed that one of my BCM had a little bit of dark coloring on top of her comb. Does anyone know why this is happening?
95538F90-4E43-4F3F-A3E0-D60E323843E5.jpeg

Thanks for the response! After googling a bit more on circulation, I gave a mini massage on her comb. And voilà!
View attachment 2870178
I agree with bantambird and have also read that raging hormones in the adolescents can trigger the purple in combs to come and go. Our cockerel King gets the purple tips also but it comes and goes almost daily.

This is my silver salmon rooster, he's 5 years old. My Dog got his tail and this is how it looks now. The white chicken is his offspring from last year with a skinny factory leghorn. In the last picture his tail is undamaged.
Wow. He's beautiful.
This is my silver salmon rooster, he's 5 years old. My Dog got his tail and this is how it looks now. The white chicken is his offspring from last year with a skinny factory leghorn. In the last picture his tail is undamaged.

Back
Top Bottom