International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I had Seamus in with all hens. I only know which pullet is Judith's.

I will make a note that she is not a cockerel dam.

Thank you
in the future breed your hens from different line separately . so you will have knowledge about the complete pedigree other wise you are going to end up with inbreeding depression very quick .
I know it is hard to do the pedigree breeding but it is the only way to fix the good traits and breed out the faults .
multiple line hens with a same Cock in one pen is easier but not good . .
knowing the mothers is very important to maintain lines for long ,long time without running into inbreeding depression .
Monique in France had her line for over 30 years without adding any thing to them , they never lost they qualities , always champions .
chooks man

so this one she is not F2 cross .
her comb is better than all the other pullet for sure ,still a little big but it is workable . straight no many extra points ,clear lobe free from any sprig .
complete hackle marking with gorgeous copper ,
she is not as thick as the others plus her legs are clean . but we can breed cockerels with better comb from her for sure .
chooks man

When I took these photos tonight, i realized she was not the f2. She is small though and looks so different than the others. Im glad there is at least one with a comb to use!

Yes, she has almost no copper.
I enjoyed taking these pictures. I was able to notice things i would not have without getting close to them.
you have to know you hens inside out .than you can get the best out of them .
do a same thing with a cockerels please if it is easier ,other wise just close photos of them in the yard but from all angles . cheers .
chooks man

in the future breed your hens from different line separately . so you will have knowledge about the complete pedigree other wise you are going to end up with inbreeding depression very quick .
I know it is hard to do the pedigree breeding but it is the only way to fix the good traits and breed out the faults .
multiple line hens with a same Cock in one pen is easier but not good . .
knowing the mothers is very important to maintain lines for long ,long time without running into inbreeding depression .
Monique in France had her line for over 30 years without adding any thing to them , they never lost they qualities , always champions .
chooks man

I will do that.

When I took these photos tonight, i realized she was not the f2. She is small though and looks so different than the others. Im glad there is at least one with a comb to use!
yes i m confident her mama was from line #2 ,she is different type to the others .
we will breed cockerels from her , from Judith#2 and LoveSong.
this 3 hens are different in body type and style plus they come from mothers from different lines .
need to know they eggs . witch hen lay what type of eggs so we can be accurate in breeding them in a same pen.
we will use 2 different cockerels .the yellow tag ( judith brother ) and one other cockerel . I let you know witch one after I see the photos .
the others hens we can breed pullets from them . like this you will have 2 different line .cockerels line and pullets line .
chooks man

you have to know you hens inside out .than you can get the best out of them .
do a same thing with a cockerels please if it is easier ,other wise just close photos of them in the yard but from all angles . cheers .
chooks man

I am going to try later this week.
I will try catching them at night on the roost and bring them in the house for photos. That may keep them calm.

They are full of hormones and a couple of them are very big and bold.

yes i m confident her mama was from line #2 ,she is different type to the others .
we will breed cockerels from her , from Judith#2 and LoveSong.
this 3 hens are different in body type and style plus they come from mothers from different lines .
need to know they eggs . witch hen lay what type of eggs so we can be accurate in breeding them in a same pen.
we will use 2 different cockerels .the yellow tag ( judith brother ) and one other cockerel . I let you know witch one after I see the photos .
the others hens we can breed pullets from them . like this you will have 2 different line .cockerels line and pullets line .
chooks man

Im beginning to understand pullet line and cockerel line now.
How you choose each pullet or cockerel for which line is confusing but I see the need for 2 separate lines.

Back
Top Bottom