International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

here are some photos of the hens .most of them finished molting except 4/5.
they are looking gorgeous with they new plumage .
P1050970.JPG

P1050983.JPG

P1050972.JPG

P1050977.JPG

chooks man

here are the photos of the cockerels .they are calm now in they new coop with Samir and White Storm as leaders of the pack .
they are loving they new diet too . ( the roosters diet 60% breeders pallets and 40% mixed grains ) they still have a pullets grower pallets too
P1050938.JPG

nice combs
straight legs
long flat back
rich colors
Wide shoulders
small tails
most with feathered legs
P1050936.JPG

Golden salmon cockerel. great body type and well colored

P1050952.JPG

Birchen cockerel son of Erickson2 .so his name will be Erickson3 .pure silver .4 generation of selective breeding .
P1050934.JPG

P1050955.JPG

well pleased with them .

chooks man

great looking dude . but naughty = roasting post .

chooks man
My thoughts exactly. I just went out to take some more pics and he charged at me. He's in a solo pen until the pot can get to 140 degrees!!! :)
In your last pic, the white bird - would you consider that a splash? We hatched this gal from a BBS collection and think she's probably splash, but weren't sure.
20170531_073746_kindlephoto-97641843.jpg

My thoughts exactly. I just went out to take some more pics and he charged at me. He's in a solo pen until the pot can get to 140 degrees!!! :)
In your last pic, the white bird - would you consider that a splash? We hatched this gal from a BBS collection and think she's probably splash, but weren't sure.
View attachment 1025709

yeah she is a splash grey white body color type .
love her early feathering type ( she is fully feathered as a young age ) great trait to select for .
well colored and feathered shanks and great body type too .

she is gorgeous
chooks man

here are the photos of the cockerels .they are calm now in they new coop with Samir and White Storm as leaders of the pack .
they are loving they new diet too . ( the roosters diet 60% breeders pallets and 40% mixed grains ) they still have a pullets grower pallets too
View attachment 1025660
nice combs
straight legs
long flat back
rich colors
Wide shoulders
small tails
most with feathered legs
View attachment 1025666
Golden salmon cockerel. great body type and well colored

View attachment 1025674
Birchen cockerel son of Erickson2 .so his name will be Erickson3 .pure silver .4 generation of selective breeding .
View attachment 1025677
View attachment 1025700
well pleased with them .

chooks man

The Birchen Cockerel is a stud! If you ever get tired of him send him to Texas. :D You've done well my friend!!

You have very nice looking pullets and hens Chooks Man. I really like the BCM Hen in the 2nd pic and Wheaten Hen in the 3rd pics.

thanks Keith .I m well pleased with them .just waiting for them to restart laying .
I have been taking a lot fertile eggs order for this season .hopefully they don t let me down .

I think I have a best looking marans chooks in the country and peoples noticed that .so they want to buy any thing is for sale NO many any way .I m keeping them for my self .
I m only releasing a limited number of egg from few line that all .
the rest still work on progress .

chooks man

The Birchen Cockerel is a stud! If you ever get tired of him send him to Texas. :D You've done well my friend!!

thank my friend .

the French people from the French Club told me years ago when I started the crossing to recreate the Birchen variety that I m not going a make it .they say I ll never be able to come out with a pure silver . They where so wrong
4 generation now from the first crossing of Scandinavia ( mama Birchen hens and a Black copper rooster) and I have managed to come out with a pure silver .
Guess I was right and they where wrong

I know my chooks genetic and I know I can do it . I m not french .I can do any thing I like

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom