International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

here some up date of my young marans stock .they are big now .many cockerels 2 to 1 ratio .summer hatch
P1080049.JPG

here a photo of my first Golden salmon cockerel .took me 4 years of selective breeding to breed this guy .
his Dam is Copenhagen Birchen hen .she carries the e+ plus a golden gene too .
his Sire is a F1 Rooster Saharacus . Cuckoo with a e+ and a golden gene too.

well pleased .take a long time to breed any variety from scratch .
gorgeous comb and body type.
P1080039.JPG

P1080052.JPG

I name him Prince Solomon . his not a king yet a lot growing to do .

I m finishing they pen outdoor in the orchid . almost done
one pen for a pullets and another for the cockerels .a lot grass and space is waiting for them .
just waiting for the heat to go away .indoor is cooler for them .

chooks man

here a photo of my first Golden salmon cockerel .took me 4 years of selective breeding to breed this guy .
his Dam is Copenhagen Birchen hen .she carries the e+ plus a golden gene too .
his Sire is a F1 Rooster Saharacus . Cuckoo with a e+ and a golden gene too.

well pleased .take a long time to breed any variety from scratch .
gorgeous comb and body type.View attachment 1268499
View attachment 1268501
I name him Prince Solomon . his not a king yet a lot growing to do .

I m finishing they pen outdoor in the orchid . almost done
one pen for a pullets and another for the cockerels .a lot grass and space is waiting for them .
just waiting for the heat to go away .indoor is cooler for them .

chooks man

prince solomon is great!

when I move to a bigger place I will keep males and females separately. I think the health issue with my pullets started with the cockerels - chasing and overmating. I have just lost a naked neck pullet. too much stress, nothing else.

my sick pullet is still not well. she is in the house but have been eating like a pig for the last 4-5 days. yesterday she laid an egg! I hope that means her reproductive system has not been damaged.

prince solomon is great!

when I move to a bigger place I will keep males and females separately. I think the health issue with my pullets started with the cockerels - chasing and overmating. I have just lost a naked neck pullet. too much stress, nothing else.

my sick pullet is still not well. she is in the house but have been eating like a pig for the last 4-5 days. yesterday she laid an egg! I hope that means her reproductive system has not been damaged.

if she start eating well and laid a egg than she is on her way to recovery .

I lost a lot of pullets too . because of the cockerels .no more .separated at 2/3 months old .
the pullets will never be with a cockerel tell they are ready to breed from 10 months old .

Back
Top Bottom