International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Here are some closeup shots of my FRF cockerels comb. He has the best comb of all my males I think. I had saw what looked like white patches on his earlobe yesterday but turns out it was just dirt. Scared me to death! Now that he is the only rooster in the pen he is really starting to "cock up" as we call it. His eye color leaves much to be desired. It's marbled and yellow looking, and he has yellow tones to his hackle so that needs work. But he and Gretta's daughters will lay lovely dark eggs hopefully. I think I will call him Gideon.

@Chooks man that would be considered a split blade though, yes?

20171122_151325.jpg
20171122_151403.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some closeup shots of my FRF cockerels comb. He has the best comb of all my males I think. I had saw what looked like white patches on his earlobe yesterday but turns out it was just dirt. Scared me to death! Now that he is the only rooster in the pen he is really starting to "cock up" as we call it. His eye color leaves much to be desired. It's marbled and yellow looking, and he has yellow tones to his hackle so that needs work. But he and Gretta's daughters will lay lovely dark eggs hopefully. I think I will call him Gideon.

@Chooks man that would be considered a split blade though, yes?

View attachment 1193369 View attachment 1193371
Those FRF have the copper don't they! His copper will get even better as he matures.

Last edited:
@Chooks
Those FRF have the copper don't they! His copper will get better as he matures.

They definitely have plenty of it. I hope it gets less yellow, but if it doesn't I will work on that later with a darker pullet in this line. I may single mate him to my darkest FRF x LA pullet later to see if that helps.

Last edited:
@Chooks

They definitely have plenty of it. I hope it gets less yellow, but if it doesn't I will work on that later with a darker pullet in this line. I may single mate him to my darkest FRF x LA pullet later to see if that helps.

Antonio's wasn't that great early on but it really has gotten very very copper. Look at those FRF roosters!

Back
Top Bottom