International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

So excited! We are going to separate the flock for breeding. This year we will be hatching: Ayam Cemanis, Sulmtalers, and of course, BCMs.
Mom and I convinced dad to build us another coop too, so we should be able to hatch quite a few!
Need to get new pics of everyone. I think I may have a new favorite rooster, out of our old girls. And some of the hens are shaping up nicely.

So I've posted that I'm getting recessive white out of some of the Marans, not quite sure who, but I don't have any blue or splash cocks out there. Take a look at this one that hatched overnight, does this guy look like a splash or is it me??
IMG_20190219_090223900_TOP.jpg
IMG_20190219_090208771.jpg
IMG_20190219_090204957.jpg
I'm blown away if this turns out splash. Is this a super light blue? A white with blue tinge? Whew!
Again, I've no blue nor splash cocks with the hens, but there are blue silver, splash, black silver and mottled black and silver hens with the black silver cocks.
Ideas?

My husband suggested LAVENDER. My head might explode, that's not possible, is it? What could be the chance of spontaneous lavenders?
Lol

:idunno I can't wait to see what Chooks Man says about this. I think we will be getting a new genetics lesson soon. Sooo interesting! I will be paying attention. :caf

So I've posted that I'm getting recessive white out of some of the Marans, not quite sure who, but I don't have any blue or splash cocks out there. Take a look at this one that hatched overnight, does this guy look like a splash or is it me??View attachment 1678368 View attachment 1678369 View attachment 1678370 I'm blown away if this turns out splash. Is this a super light blue? A white with blue tinge? Whew!
Again, I've no blue nor splash cocks with the hens, but there are blue silver, splash, black silver and mottled black and silver hens with the black silver cocks.
Ideas?

@Chooks man where are you? we need another lesson.

So I've posted that I'm getting recessive white out of some of the Marans, not quite sure who, but I don't have any blue or splash cocks out there. Take a look at this one that hatched overnight, does this guy look like a splash or is it me??View attachment 1678368 View attachment 1678369 View attachment 1678370 I'm blown away if this turns out splash. Is this a super light blue? A white with blue tinge? Whew!
Ideas?

take it easy my friend ,the chicks is no splash . not any white chick with darker hues is a splash .he could be wheaten.buff, columbian .lavender{ not marans }.silver marans .

you said you have a silver hen ? was she penned with a rooster ? if yes .than post some photos of her so I can see her body colour pattern .

for me I can see red { buff hues } in the chick leg feathers and the is some reddish hues around his/her chest . So he could be buff .because if both parents are the carrier of the single copy of the columbian gene Co ,than make sense . the Co gene is recessive to the ER chooks BC .BLC .SpC and a Cuckoos.

I ll explain more latter when I have some time .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom