International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I wonder how many generations it will take to clean the white up? It's not so bad in the pullets, but it really shows in the cockerels.
20200405_172153.jpg

I wonder how many generations it will take to clean the white up? It's not so bad in the pullets, but it really shows in the cockerels.View attachment 2077458

you need to add to them more silver .
Columbian marans { Marans Herminee } is silver based wheaten family genetic . Ewh/Ewh .S/S for the cockerels and S/- for the pullets

your silver crele boy will help
chooks man

1586181386730.png

those are high quality wheaten marans .correct big body type ,correct body color ,darker hackle ,wheat colored upper body and cream chest /lower body .
solid chooks .
the comb will be your trouble with a hen in far back ,
the one on the left look to have correct comb .
impressed
chooks man

View attachment 2077477
@Magnolia Hill

the standing pullet on the right and a sitting pullet next to her have a correct marans Buff color . the other are too washed out more of Lemon type .

chooks man
Yea ill let them grow completely out before i make final the final cuts, i got a black talied red rooster i might use in my btb line to help darken them up, I'll just have to wait and see.

Attachments

• 20200405_172328.jpg
    20200405_172328.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 5
Wheatens are f3.
Sliver crele, crele, golden salmons and btb chicks are f2, The solid blacks and the lights are f1.

when you say wheaten are F3 . they are not from pure wheaten stock? or cross between wheaten lines?
we used F1/2/3 etc .........when we working with a cross .
if we working with pure strain we use Back cross .BC1/2/3 etc..................... your wheaten look pure to me they don t seem to carry any parasitic coloration from other varieties .

silver and golden crele make sense they are f2 .they are a blend of 2 varieties
how your solid black come to be ? sire Black or Dam black ?

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom